Are The Fall greater than The Beatles?

http://invisionfree....?showtopic=1896

They seem to think so, but they're biased. As am I, The Fall were my favourite group all through the 80's and 90's, and even in the 00's The Unutterable and The Real New Fall LP were excellent albums. The new one, Ersatz GB is a stonker too! Who else can still turn out good albums in their 34th year?

I love The Fall, but this one isn't even close for me, Beatles all the way.

You can find anything you want on the internet.

Want proof that the moon landing was really staged in the Nevada desert? You can find it on the internet.

Want proof that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim? You can find it on the internet.

Want evidence that the Mossad actually bombed the WTC? Internet

Want support for a crackpot opinion that the Fall are greater than the Beatles? Well, You win Gryffe!

And when she talked about the fall, I thought she talked about a season. And when she talked about the fall, I thought she talked about Mark E. Smith, I never understood at all, all. I never understood at all.

If our criteria for greatness are "name checked in Jens Lekman song," "frontman with tremendous dental issues," and "seminal influence on Pavement," I have no problem with the thread title. I do really like some Fall albums, but no one is better than the Beatles except maybe "the band the Beatles could have been," Paul McCartney and Wings.

--Mike

Lots of bands are greater than The Beatles.

The link you posted is from a Fall site, so the opinions are going to lean in their favour, those people aren't being impartial to say the least. (I mean, ask the same question on a Beatles forum).

Nor I'm being impartial either, I find no appeal in The Beatles.

Lots of bands are greater than The Beatles.

The link you posted is from a Fall site, so the opinions are going to lean in their favour, those people aren't being impartial to say the least. (I mean, ask the same question on a Beatles forum).

Nor I'm being impartial either, I find no appeal in The Beatles.

We got another one!

Despite being a massive Fall fan I had never bothered with their messageboard until recently, which is where I found the poll that I posted. I was astonished to see that there were 1,266,561 posts made, and there were over 4,500 registered members. For a cult band that is phenominal. They have recently released their 29th studio album, has any other group or artist been so prolific? They may not have sold as many records as The Beatles but no other band has changed my life the way they have. I have bought every one of those 29 albums, I guess I'm a Fall lifer!!

have you heard all of the Boston Spaceships records? they are flat out great.

plus, the Fall have released only 29 LPs? :guitar

Haven't heard Boston Spaceships stuff, a Pollard offshoot I guess?

And The Fall have only released 29 studio albums - the total output inc live and comps etc must be over 100.

it's much easier to release comps and live albums than records of original material...according to GBVDB, i think Pollard's at about 1300 songs now.

yeah, Boston Spaceships is Pollard, John Moen from Decemberists, and Slushy. they have 5 records out, and they are all worth hearing.

also, Long Live The Fall!

it's much easier to release comps and live albums than records of original material...according to GBVDB, i think Pollard's at about 1300 songs now.

yeah, Boston Spaceships is Pollard, John Moen from Decemberists, and Slushy. they have 5 records out, and they are all worth hearing.

also, Long Live The Fall!

Just downloaded Let It Beard. Pretty good so far, 6 songs in...

Is dental not part of the NHS? They might have recorded 29 albums but clearly they didn't sell well enough to afford to have his teeth look unBrit. Or maybe Mark E. Smith doesn't give a fuck. I know that my struggling brother-in-law would love to be able to get his teeth fixed.