Austin 12/01/11

you absolutely should have just driven to Austin - it is one of those classic venues like the Ryman that you know is going to bring out the best in the band (saw both of those). Was a little worried hearing the bad press in Dallas, but this show was intriguing.

What bad press?

Bad reviews from Bleed Orange. Atticus and Bbop. And me going apeshit and overreacting.

I have been walking around with a bit of spittle hanging from my mouth all day today.

Hot!

I have my fingers crossed that you will get to see Sir Nicholas in the encore with Cruel To Be Kind, though apparently if you are anywhere near Bbop the floor could get a little messy at that point. I had planned ahead and had my incontinence pants in place in London. A little sweaty at times it has to be said, but that's the way I like it ...

Hot!

I have my fingers crossed that you will get to see Sir Nicholas in the encore with Cruel To Be Kind, though apparently if you are anywhere near Bbop the floor could get a little messy at that point. I had planned ahead and had my incontinence pants in place in London. A little sweaty at times it has to be said, but that's the way I like it ...

I have a feeling I will be near Bbop on the rail, as the plan is to be second in line after him. Sweaty and incontinent is the way I like it, or as oceanman once described me, "Dance off pance off."

:woot I like to think that one fine day Lord Flashheart, you and I might sweat as one!

Nels' performance on Germany with Duane Allman's guitar was a sight to behold. Not sure he's ever played that song better. Jeff made some funny comments about him being the "82nd best guitarist of all time" in Rolling Stone mag.

I just finished 3 Allman Brothers shows here in Boston this week. I can't even express how happy it makes me to know that playing Duane's guitar is as meaningful to Nels as it would be to me :)

I just finished 3 Allman Brothers shows here in Boston this week. I can't even express how happy it makes me to know that playing Duane's guitar is as meaningful to Nels as it would be to me :)

Wouldn't mind reading your thoughts of the ABB shows. Below is VC's ABB thread. I read mixed reviews of Greg's performance.

http://viachicago.org/topic/39053-the-allman-brothers-band/page__hl__allman__st__200

Wouldn't mind reading your thoughts of the ABB shows. Below is VC's ABB thread. I read mixed reviews of Greg's performance.

http://viachicago.or...allman__st__200

Very mixed reviews of Gregg's performance this week. There's a significant and noticeable degradation in his performance ability. Too many instances of flubbing the lyrics, coming in at the wrong time, singing behind the tempo. It's startling, and can't be ignored (there are any number of people on the Allmans forum who would). Below is a link to the topic for last night's show, I'm "gmfeld". Show and Gregg started off great, but Gregg reverted to Tuesday and Wednesday form as teh show went along, review comments are at the end of the thread:

http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&fid=126&tid=120694&page=2&orderdate=

Hot!

You are a sweaty sort, it must be said. I hope to witness these incontinence pants someday soon, possibly next March? But anyway, I'm happy to report that the area near me was much less messy the second evening at ACL Live than the first, probably due to the fact there was at least some inkling that a reprise performance of Cruel might be coming when Mr. Nicholas omitted it at the usual point in his set...

And I'm sure that someone will beat me there, M. Christine. I'm rarely actually first in line, contrary to popular opinion. See you there!

For all those interested, someone was recording this show with an impressive rig. Said it'd be posted shortly. I was going to tape, but seeing his rig was not unlike every other Wilco show I've shown up to where the other tapers had monster rigs (Denver, Vegas) and I didn't even bother taping cause I knew they were working with thousands of dollars of equipment. Plus I'm starting to like stress free Wilco shows. Singing along to Box Full Of Letters ( a request of mine) and Misunderstood. Next show: Tempe. I might tape that one, if no other taper shows up.