Afghan Whigs are back!

the Whigs are now filling in the Sunday slot for the UK ATP that GBV was supposed to play.

I've seen the Whigs once, back in '92 or so.

Here is some GBV news...

http://www.brooklynv...y_voice_17.html

Yeah I am not sure it is the Whigs fault but who knows...

all I know is I have been hoping the Whigs would reunite. I caught them on the 1965 Tour..I went to the show knowing 1 song and left as a big fan!

• 4 months later...

I really wish that I got from the Whigs what so many others seem to. They make their fans so very ecstatic, I just never was really so moved by them, despite having tried many times.

However, it's been about a decade since I've really given them a listen, so I think maybe I'll try again.

Gentlemen is the place to start, right?

agreed. you can tell that dulli views albums like movies by the spot on sequencing and "shot on location" references in the liner notes.

gentlemen, black love and 1965 are their best, but congregation and up in it have plenty of fine tracks too.

all in all these guys were among the best rock and roll bands of their time. sad to see them still underrated. being a rock and roll/soul band in grunge's heyday couldn't have helped. i like to think of the whigs as the best of the stones mixed with the best of prince. great band. im crossing my fingers for more us shows.

all in all these guys were among the best rock and roll bands of their time. sad to see them still underrated. being a rock and roll/soul band in grunge's heyday couldn't have helped. i like to think of the whigs as the best of the stones mixed with the best of prince. great band. im crossing my fingers for more us shows.

esp since they were the first non-Seattle area band to get signed to Sub Pop

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...