Music act of the London 2012 opening ceremony?

Since 2008 there has been speculation that Led Zeppelin would reunite and perform at the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympic Games in London.

About that possibility, Jimmy Page said in 2008 that: "If they asked, it would be an honour."

A few days ago, Jason Bonham, the son of Led Zeppelin´s legendary drummer, told British journal The Sun that the chances of Zeppelin reuniting are really slim.

The same newspaper cites the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney as other acts who could be recruited for the occasion. (See: http://www.thesun.co...mpic-Games.html)

Who would you like to see perform and why?

A rumour quickly spread today that Pink Floyd would reunite in time for the London Olympics.

"Pink Floyd 2012 Olympics Concert Rumor Not True According to Spokesman"

"This is all simply not true," said a spokesman of the band to Outside The Wall. "Roger Waters Tour is in full swing this summer with more shows expected to be released for August in North America, and David Gilmour is working on a new album to possibly be toured in late 2012-2013. These sorts of rumors are spread about like mad every few months and it really disrupts the band members focus on there current projects."

http://www.pr.com/press-release/380977

Nobody wants to admit this...but you know what's coming.

ColdPlay.

Nobody wants to admit this is possible...but you know what's coming.

ColdPlay.

A rumour quickly spread today that Pink Floyd would reunite in time for the London Olympics.

"Pink Floyd 2012 Olympics Concert Rumor Not True According to Spokesman"

"This is all simply not true," said a spokesman of the band to Outside The Wall. "Roger Waters Tour is in full swing this summer with more shows expected to be released for August in North America, and David Gilmour is working on a new album to possibly be toured in late 2012-2013. These sorts of rumors are spread about like mad every few months and it really disrupts the band members focus on there current projects."

http://www.pr.com/press-release/380977

Can't Pink Floyd find a spokesperson who can spell?

1. It's Coldplay, not ColdPlay.

2. There's nothing wrong with Coldplay

3. Why did you post the same thing 17 minutes apart?

1. Don't care

2. Opinion based posts are just that...opinions

3. Must be a computer glitch...I wouldn't take the time to post it twice (But yeah...I found that odd also)

I'm not even a Coldplay fan by any means, but I've always thought the amount of hate they get is baffling. They're like the definition of inoffensive. Not great, but not awful. If the organizers are gonna go for a big name band with a new product to promote, they can do a lot worse than Coldplay.

Coldplay were at some point billed as "the next U2" just as Oasis were saluted as "the next Beatles". I couldn't care less for either of the two bands, but the Olympics normally feature a homegrown artist. I remember watching the 2002 Sydney Olympic ceremony, in that occasion they resurrected an old Australian hit from the seventies. On the other hand I like Elbow, I didn't know they were commissioned to write music for the Olympics, that's cool.