Now Playing: May, 2012

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my album of the year by a wide margin... felt that halfway through my first listen lol. though i feel this year has been lacking severely in great albums (lot of good to very good ones though), so this one hit me like a ton of bricks.

after a road rip where i played it all the way through 4x at loud volume a couple months back I realized I like it more than Teen Dream even, which i never imagined.

now if only they'd announce a Minneapolis show... dying to see them again and these songs live.

new Tallest Man on Earth might take mine...I don't really do album of the year, but it's so damn good.

51VtdYgKMXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 51LnMGjVbML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41ZX64DTC8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 51HXCKJ421L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 41CTE6SVA8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 51K%2BYkGZgML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

new Tallest Man on Earth might take mine...I don't really do album of the year, but it's so damn good.

i don't like it nearly as much as the first two so far :( i do like it a ton, but i feel the complaints of "rehash" that people had with Wild Hunt after Shallow Grave are feelings I felt through my first 3-4 listens the other day. 1904 is amazing, and there's probably 3-4 other great songs on it, but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't still a bit let down by it.

here's hoping it grows on me with repeated listens, but i've already gone back to my other rotation for now.

That's kind of how I felt. Been a struggle for me to connect to much this year but this one and the Lanegan one are my top choices so far.

i didn't care for Funeral Blues first time i listened through, but after seeing him last Friday i've come around on it... i still don't care for stuff like 'Ode To Sad Disco' too much however, but he's one of my all time favorite singers for sure. Riot In My House and St. Louis Elegy just killed live though.

i don't like it nearly as much as the first two so far :( i do like it a ton, but i feel the complaints of "rehash" that people had with Wild Hunt after Shallow Grave are feelings I felt through my first 3-4 listens the other day. 1904 is amazing, and there's probably 3-4 other great songs on it, but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't still a bit let down by it.

here's hoping it grows on me with repeated listens, but i've already gone back to my other rotation for now.

I feel the same way. After the initial "new TMOE record!" excitement, it's kind of faded. The first three or four songs are really solid, but the middle lags pretty badly.

33b6d267.jpg

Walkmen, The - Heaven

I really expected a powerhouse single followed by a consistently decent/good album. All I'm getting is the latter. Maybe I should stop yearning for We've Been Had, The Rat, Lost In Boston, In The New Year, and Angela Surf City.

Edward-Sharpe-Here.jpg

Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros - Here

I didn't think Nostalgia could sound awful. As Jubal Early best puts it, "well, here I am."

Also, I thought M.I.A. takes the crown for worst album covers ever. She's got some competition.

58ae9094.jpeg

Sigur Rós - Valtari

gw.jpg

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings

”Working On A Building”

Early material, demos & Live perfomances.

Stoked! I am seeing her and Dave on Wednesday. First time seeing her live.