Now Playing: May, 2012

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33b6d267.jpg

Walkmen, The - Heaven

I really expected a powerhouse single followed by a consistently decent/good album. All I'm getting is the latter. Maybe I should stop yearning for We've Been Had, The Rat, Lost In Boston, In The New Year, and Angela Surf City.

i think it's their best since Bows + Arrows personally. i do love the single, but wouldn't put it in my top 5 songs on the record. really glad the rest doesn't sound like early 80's U2 as well.

the ballads are actually among the best tunes on here for me... 'Line By Line' especially.

as for Liars... i haven't really cared for much since the first album and 2 EP's, and i'm falling asleep through track 2 at the moment :(

Just arrived:

cleanersfromvenusst.jpg

It's the companion for Martin Newell's 2011 release: English Electric. All demos, B-sides and previously unreleased stuff. As all of Martin's albums do, this one should find itself near the top of my year-end list. But I'll let you know for sure after listening.

i think it's their best since Bows + Arrows personally. i do love the single, but wouldn't put it in my top 5 songs on the record. really glad the rest doesn't sound like early 80's U2 as well.

the ballads are actually among the best tunes on here for me... 'Line By Line' especially.

as for Liars... i haven't really cared for much since the first album and 2 EP's, and i'm falling asleep through track 2 at the moment :(

I take it back. We Can't Be Beat climbing rapidly to favorite. Line By Line is pretty good too.

As for Liars, I can't explain what it is I like about them. I easily understand why others don't like them though. No. 1 Against The Rush is pretty great.

3922871b.jpg

Japandroids - Celebration Rock

I take it back. We Can't Be Beat climbing rapidly to favorite. Line By Line is pretty good too.

As for Liars, I can't explain what it is I like about them. I easily understand why others don't like them though. No. 1 Against The Rush is pretty great.

The Liars album is great...they've been on quite an impressive hot streak as far as putting out great material.

thesports.jpg?w=320&h=320 emerson.jpg

e6587699eqg.jpg

(actually, I am listening to the FIRST Falstaff album, but this was the best that I could do for an image. it appears to be nowhere on the internet... more invisible than any album i can mention, even one of my own.)