Jagger with Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters

After an evening out, I chanced upon the SNL broadcase.

Jagger and the Arcade Fire was better than it had any right to be.

Jagger with the Foos was...energetic (Jagger has never really been one for singing in tune. But, after 50 years of singing in J#, I guess he has made it his own.)

I like the Foos and all but watching them with Jagger just made me realize how good the Stones are. The Foos kinda steamroll through stuff with all guns blazing. They defnintely rock but they don't have any roll.

I like the Foos and all but watching them with Jagger just made me realize how good the Stones are. The Foos kinda steamroll through stuff with all guns blazing. They defnintely rock but they don't have any roll.

That's Keith's criticism of many rock groups, too. I think he made that comment about Nirvana in the early 90s. I haven't gotten around to watch any of the performances, yet.

Here's the blues song - Tea Party (with Jeff Beck)

I don't care for either one of those bands. It's cool to see Jeff Beck though.

That was great, Beck is the best - I can watch and listen to Tal Wilkenfeld all day - she makes the goofiest faces. I though Jagger sounded good, too.

He should have performed that song at the White House a couple of months back.

That was great, Beck is the best - I can watch and listen to Tal Wilkenfeld all day - she makes the goofiest faces. I though Jagger sounded good, too.

He should have performed that song at the White House a couple of months back.

I noticed she was there. Which is odd, as he has been touring with other people the last couple of years.

I thought 19th Nervous Breakdown was a very cool choice, but they played It's Only Rock and Roll for way too long. They easily could have cut 90 seconds from that and brought in a third song to make it a true medley.

What was the bass player from the Strokes doing with Arcade Fire? Is he in that band now?

nope, he's not.

they needed someone to fill in for Tim and Will, who likely had personal commitments (it was announced somewhat short notice and Arcade Fire are on hiatus currently)

nope, he's not.

they needed someone to fill in for Tim and Will, who likely had personal commitments (it was announced somewhat short notice and Arcade Fire are on hiatus currently)

That makes sense. Who is Tim? I'm really not that familiar with Arcade Fire. I thought the Strokes guy fit in pretty well with them.