Wilco merchandising

These are the first things I've seen from this "Wilco Store Archive Series"

A Yankee Hotel Foxtrot shirt describled thusly...

Wilco

CCTV Tee (WIL596)

100% organic cotton, CCTV tee in black designed circa 2002. This shirt is part of the Wilco Store Archive Series

Made in the USA

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/category/30-caballeros/product/3741-cctv-tee-wil596

And...this Apple Box Shirt described thusly...

Apple Box Tee (WIL569)

100% cotton, Apple box tee in off white. Design circa 1994. This shirt is part of the Wilco Store Archive Series

http://wilco.kungfustore.com/category/30-caballeros/product/3651-apple-box-tee-wil569

I certainly imagine there will be more shirts, but one can hope for baseball caps/hats, posters, and the like. Interesting...and there's definitely plenty of great old merch stuff I'd love to see re-issued.

Wish they'd put up something for fan feedback on this. Nominations, and/or voting for what should get re-issued.

The good folks at Kung Fu are checking into this for me & getting back with info soonerer than laterer...and the Wilco 2012 Summer Tour Baseball Caps should be in any day now...they said they are only getting a smaller amount of them in at this time (supposedly the blue & red ones- thought the red was supposedly sold out & not being re-ordered), but may be getting more later on (most likely the blue again & possibly the maroon too)...

I've got 'em in a varitable rainbow assortment of all of the six options that were available...but for all of the rest of you on Team Wilco who missed the tour, or who went but found the merch stand didn't have these, or was sold out of them...

Here they are, the team Wilco "W" baseball hats are now available in a veritable psychedelic rainbow assortment of colors. 6 varieties were available- crimson, blue, red & black with white "W"...green with gold "W"...& black with orange "W".

http://wilco.kungfus...68-w-hat-wil600

• 2 weeks later...

These are the first things I've seen from this "Wilco Store Archive Series"

A Yankee Hotel Foxtrot shirt describled thusly...

Wilco

CCTV Tee (WIL596)

100% organic cotton, CCTV tee in black designed circa 2002. This shirt is part of the Wilco Store Archive Series

Made in the USA

http://wilco.kungfus...cctv-tee-wil596

And...this Apple Box Shirt described thusly...

Apple Box Tee (WIL569)

100% cotton, Apple box tee in off white. Design circa 1994. This shirt is part of the Wilco Store Archive Series

http://wilco.kungfus...-box-tee-wil569

I certainly imagine there will be more shirts, but one can hope for baseball caps/hats, posters, and the like. Interesting...and there's definitely plenty of great old merch stuff I'd love to see re-issued.

Wish they'd put up something for fan feedback on this. Nominations, and/or voting for what should get re-issued.

The good folks at Kung Fu are checking into this for me & getting back with info soonerer than laterer...and the Wilco 2012 Summer Tour Baseball Caps should be in any day now...they said they are only getting a smaller amount of them in at this time (supposedly the blue & red ones- thought the red was supposedly sold out & not being re-ordered), but may be getting more later on (most likely the blue again & possibly the maroon too)...

Another great shirt from the Archive series!! My friend John wore this beauty to the Rochester Highland Bowl show this year. I think I'm actually gonna have to order this one!! I also heard back & for right now the plan is to only do shirts...

From "The Late Greats" songs lyric it's...Wilco Presents The Kay-Settes starring Butcher's Blind!!

http://wilco.kungfus...-t-shirt-wil522

The Kay-Settes T-shirt (WIL522)

Back from the store archives - an outstanding 100% cotton, gold t-shirt featuring the unknown superstars, The Kay-Settes.

Made in USA

Back from the store archives - an outstanding 100% cotton, gold t-shirt featuring the unknown superstars, The Kay-Settes.

Made in USA

I have the gold one, and also the same design on a bright orange shirt. Love 'em both. Wore the orange one yesterday!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever is doing the merch and marketing is totally nailing it. Often when a new item is released, or an unusual concert idea announced (a festival in contemporary art gallery!), I often exclaim, “it’s like they know me”. Everything from coffee beans to frisbees to that hipster bike that was a prize in a competition a year or two ago – have all appealed, even if I haven’t purchased (or won) everything. Perhaps I’m not as unique as I thought. I am part of a demographic – but if you are going to be part of a demographic then, I’m proud to be part of the Wilco Demographic.

I gave a Jeff Tweedy guitar strap to my brother as a birthday present one year. It was a really personal and unique gift – which is not an easy thing to achieve. So that was really nice.

My framed Wilco print (the chuck taylor sneaker design) stands up as a piece of art, independent of the band and merchandise – loads of my wilco-denier friends think it’s great.

I’ve also worn my “hitchhiker” tee into the ground.

Man all this talk of merch is bringing out the consumer in me – I’ll be visiting the kung-fu web store tonight!

• 2 weeks later...

Take note there is a sale of sorts going on at the website now....sooooooo...

...if you've been thinking about getting something from the store for awhile...including other Roadcase gigs etc. (especially since Roadcase Shows #7 & #8 are now available!!- Roadcase 007 / July 29, 2012 / Essex Junction, VT & Roadcase 008 / August 3, 2012 / Rochester, NY)

http://wilco.kungfus...es/491-roadcase

you get a free mp3 (not the loseless ALAC, or loseless FLAC) of the Rochester show with a $40 order...

and/or...for a $60 order you get the mp3 of Rochester & 10% off the whole order...

Also take note that....the team Wilco "W" baseball hats are now available in a veritable psychedelic rainbow assortment of colors. 6 varieties were available- crimson, blue, red & black with white "W"...green with gold "W"...& black with orange "W".

ladies & gentlemen start your merch ordering & Roadcase downloading engines, & PLAY BALL!

http://wilco.kungfus...68-w-hat-wil600

• 1 month later...

Well the Grounds Crew jacket is super awesome.. Too bad for me I've already got one of those jackets for Rickwood Field (Birmingham) as well as a plain one straight from Dickies.Can't really justify another coat at the moment, and not at 95 bucks. These jackets are super comfortable though and they take a beating and hold up well.. Now if Wilco can get EFF to make a real baseball cap, then I'm in.

• 5 weeks later...

Wilco Holiday Sale!
http://wilco.kungfustore.com/

• Holiday Bundles.
    The holiday bundle department is back with fresh and classic bundles.
  • Spend over $33,
    get an instant Roadcase show download for Reno, NV (9/23/12).
  • Spend over $66,
    in addition to the free download, get a free mystery tee or tote (Please note preferred size in order comments upon checkout (Men’s SM – XXL, Women’s/Girl’s SM to XL) —if you do not indicate your preferred size, a tote will be sent.
  • Spend over $99,
    in addition to free download & tee/tote, get 20% off your entire order (excluding shipping). Use coupon code: 123456789 upon checkout.
  • Shipping Deadlines:
    To ensure likely delivery by Christmas, domestic (US) orders must be placed by December 13th (11:59 pm EST). International orders must be placed by December 5th (11:59 pm EST) with Expedited shipping chosen. Once these deadlines have passed, we will ship orders within 3 to 5 business days. Please note, we are closed December 24th, 25th, & 26th.

• 7 months later...

For those who didn't act fast enough & had stuff sell out on them, or for those who couldn't make it this year, but might dig the designs...All sorts of Solid Sound 2013 Shirts & Posters are available now at the official Wilco Store website
Well I missed the best parts of the Wilco Yard Sale at Solid Sound (got there late & grabbed some stuff for some friends is all)...and...I even gave away a few baseball hats to some friends camping with me...I was trying to exercise restraint & just bought the one too cool poster (Owl made of instruments)- that was so cool that it had me break my "I've already got 4 or 5 Wilco posters" pledge not to get anymore...
I LOVED the whole Solid Sound experience so much that, by the end, I kind of wished I'd picked up a shirt...or two...loved the "Entering Solid Sound" logo (got it on a sticker), & dug the poster (but not as much as the Owl/Instrument one), but really liked it on the long sleeve shirt, & the short sleeve one with the Wilco subway system "Solid Sound- One Fare" was real cool too...but they were both sold out by Sunday....happily, I was able to get one of each as they just popped up on the website...I may have missed the coffee mugs at the Wilco Yard Sale, but I now have two more shirts to add to my ever growing pile...great ones too...Viva Solid Sound!

Thanks for letting us know. I got the white long sleeve t-shirt. The quality is great (not sure yet how it handles a washing) but it runs a size too small small. I'm usually a medium and fortunately I tried it on right then and there and immediately exchanged it for a large.

For those who didn't act fast enough & had stuff sell out on them, or for those who couldn't make it this year, but might dig the designs...All sorts of Solid Sound 2013 Shirts & Posters are available now at the official Wilco Store website
Well I missed the best parts of the Wilco Yard Sale at Solid Sound (got there late & grabbed some stuff for some friends is all)...and...I even gave away a few baseball hats to some friends camping with me...I was trying to exercise restraint & just bought the one too cool poster (Owl made of instruments)- that was so cool that it had me break my "I've already got 4 or 5 Wilco posters" pledge not to get anymore...
I LOVED the whole Solid Sound experience so much that, by the end, I kind of wished I'd picked up a shirt...or two...loved the "Entering Solid Sound" logo (got it on a sticker), & dug the poster (but not as much as the Owl/Instrument one), but really liked it on the long sleeve shirt, & the short sleeve one with the Wilco subway system "Solid Sound- One Fare" was real cool too...but they were both sold out by Sunday....happily, I was able to get one of each as they just popped up on the website...I may have missed the coffee mugs at the Wilco Yard Sale, but I now have two more shirts to add to my ever growing pile...great ones too...Viva Solid Sound!

Thanks for letting us know. I got the white long sleeve t-shirt. The quality is great (not sure yet how it handles a washing) but it runs a size too small small. I'm usually a medium and fortunately I tried it on right then and there and immediately exchanged it for a large.

Thanks for the tip there!! I just "double ordered"- meaning I've ordered in both L & XL (for both the long sleeve & the short sleeve subway shirt) & will send whatever doesn't fit back...

I wanna get the shirt with the sunloathe monster guy on it. That little guy is adorable.

I got the iphone case as a gift, and it's really nice. 

I think I might save and get a grounds crew jacket. How do those fit, size wise, for those of you that have them. I was looking at the size chart, and want to make sure i get the right fit. 

I wanna get the shirt with the sunloathe monster guy on it. That little guy is adorable.

I got the iphone case as a gift, and it's really nice. 

I think I might save and get a grounds crew jacket. How do those fit, size wise, for those of you that have them. I was looking at the size chart, and want to make sure i get the right fit. 

Here's a little money saving hint...if you can, & if they last (which I bet they will), do what I did...

At the Holiday/Christmas season you can buy "gift certificates", which you get at 20% off ($50 for $40, or $100 for $80, etc.) AND there is usually a 20% off everything sale as well...sooooooo, added up, you get a whopping 40% off!!!!

I did this, but rather than just save, I used it to get both a L & an XL. The L fits perfect, like a glove & is great for warmer weather, & the XL gives me a chance to layer a little when it's colder. I'm about 5' 11" & 165 lbs., so you can try to figure from there for yourself...

Two thoughts:

1.  They should hire Hatch Show Print to do a poster for every tour.
2.  No matter who they are touring with (Zimmerman...), a Wilco t-shirt should not be $35.  That's Paul McCartney pricing, and even for him, it's ridiculous.

2.  No matter who they are touring with (Zimmerman...), a Wilco t-shirt should not be $35.  That's Paul McCartney pricing, and even for him, it's ridiculous.

I agree. I'd bet one of those $35 t-shirts that they did not have a choice, though - can't sell a t-shirt for $25 when the main act is selling them for $35 or more.

I agree. I'd bet one of those $35 t-shirts that they did not have a choice, though - can't sell a t-shirt for $25 when the main act is selling them for $35 or more.

You know, that's a good point.  MMJ's shirts were $35 as well. 

Cam, email twig case about your case breaking. They'll replace it for $30. I'm gonna get mine replaced when I have the cash. Dropped it at work and a big chunk came out of the corner.