Presidential Race (Respector Edition)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like unemployment?

I did not think cash for clunkers was very successful. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tweedling come on. I have always taken you for a thoughtful smart guy, you have to know that economy is move forward, just a very slow pace. Here are some numbers: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/jun/01/scorecard-economy-obama/

If you think Obama has failed to get the economy move because of cash for clunkers then I am not sure what to say to you. But that was a minor minor plan.

Maybe you think Mitt Romney's economic plan will get us quicker on the path to a full recovery, but the numbers do not lie, the economy is in recovery. It is just moving slowly.

I guess I would liked to have seen a greater improvement over the last 3 or so years and to be honest, the economic numbers always seem to be fudged one way or another, depending on which news source you research. (completely my perception)

I guess I would liked to have seen a greater improvement over the last 3 or so years.

I think everyone on here can agree on that. What kinds of policy measures do you think the President could have utilized to make a bigger difference?

Romney announced VP candidate at 9 AM ET tomorrow... Can't win the election with a good pick, but can certainly lose it with a clunker.

Apparently it is Paul Ryan. Really points out what this race is about. I think this will hurt with seniors.

Interesting choice... Not as "safe" as Pawlenty or Portman. Doesn't seem to have mass appeal, except to the base. I don't see much of an upside except exciting the tea party. I was really, really looking forward to seeing the Christie/Biden debates.

Romney just did another gaffe when introducing Paul Ryan he called him the next President of the United States. And then like an idiot interrupts Ryan and corrects himself.

So maybe the GOP sees 2012 as loss and is running for 2016?

BTW Christie was never going to be VP.

Can any of Romneys gaffes match Obamas, "I've been to 57 states now....I think we have 1 more to go"? It's obvious the American people will let gaffes slide.

Of course the American public will let them go, but it makes for great late night TV. But with Romney his gaffes are more frequent and alarming and it goes beyond a straight misspeak, he tends to make policy blunders almost every time he opens his mouth.

I learned that one of Romney's proposed policies would be to remove carbon restrictions from the clean air act. I can only suppose he is one of the remaining global warming skeptics.

Paul Ryan might still have a right wing buzz going for his over-hyped budget proposal last year. This might be a tactical way to get republicans on board who have a sense that Romney has limited intelligence and no conviction. Kind of like how the Biden pick gave Obama's bid a bit more of a working class appeal.

I'm really curious if anyone here will vote for Romney because of the Ryan VP pick.

Dreamy blue eyes aside, it seems to me to be just something to make the conservative base happy.

Quite a few conservatives who are lukewarm on Romney will now be a bit more excited about the ticket making them more likely to show up in Nov.

Who cares?! All I'm saying is its obvious when people say something unintentional the American public seem to be quick to look past it. Gaffes have been committed by all candidates and all presidents. I'm not sure why you insist on bringing up Palin.... She can't hurt you anymore. Hahaha

Way to energize us on the left. I was seriously thinking of just voting to reelect Obama, but this makes me motivated to campaign for him. And yes, I live in Florida. I think Ryan is as morally repugnant as anyone I have seen on the far right - literally proposing Social Security privatization or cuts, when it's barely enough to subsist on for anyone today as it is, and proposing draconian Medicare cuts while giving tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

I make a middle income but have NO 401(k) in my company. I have gotten royally fucked in the stock market multiple times, especially in 2001 and 2008, and have only the equivalent of one year's salary in my retirement fund. I just got divorced and can no longer afford to contribute to an IRA unless I file bankruptcy. And this S.O.B. who makes $170,000 a year thinks I should work past 70 and get less Social Security and Medicare? Fuck this, if these scumbags win, I will start making concrete plans to retire to a third world country, because it's literally the only place I will be able to afford to live after I retire anyway...and they are determined to make it worse.

You still don't get it do you? It doesn't matter who Romney or Obama pick as their running mates. It doesn't matter who paid what in taxes or who made what gaffe in a speech. These two candidates are approved by, purchased by and controlled by Goldman Sachs, the Military Industrial Complex and the globalists. They give you the false illusion that you some how selected these candidates and that there is a real choice between the two. Many fall for it. You are going to get the same policies from either of these two Bozos. Follow the money.The left has never been satisfied with Obama and they never will be and the right will be just as disappointed by Romney if he wins. Your banking system in on the brink of collapse, we are on the verge of a massive war in the Middle East, the economic situation is getting worse every day and all you focus on is the same bullshit they have used to distract us from the main issues for decades and what is really important to us all, peace and our economic and personal liberty. Both parties care not one iota for the middle class. They both will raise your taxes in their own way, continue to oversee the exportation of jobs overseas and expand the welfare state to make the population more dependent on the government. They've got all of us by the proverbial balls.They are turning us into mindless slaves who bicker and argue over how much we are entitled to of the crumbs that are left after they rob our nation of its' wealth through the debasing of our currency, the ensuing inflation this causes and the inevitable escalating taxes we all pay. This cannot continue much longer. The music is about to stop and there are not enough chairs, folks. The more government we have the less freedom we have. It is as simple as that. Both parties believe that the state knows what is best for you. They differ in degree only. They both are puppets controlled by those who care nothing for us, the little people. Good to be back. Did any one do their reading assignment while I was away?

You still don't get it do you.... Your banking system in on the brink of collapse... Did any one do their reading assignment while I was away?

Sparky again proves to be condescending and completely insane at the same time.

I love the part about "Your banking system" Keep your gold in coffee cans in the back yard?