General Political Thread

Yeah, that one.

I don't know what it is but the rebuttals of the STOU since Obama have been really f'ing weird 

To Jindal's channeling of Kenneth Parcell from 30 rock, Ted Cruz Marco Rubio and his amazing thirst, to Michelle Bachmann's crazy eyes.  It used to be to highlight the up and comers and now it seems lets put the craziest person we can.  

The GOP is such a stupid party.  

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flipped over to MSNBC last night in time to hear someone talk excitedly about how Obama is back in his 2008 form and just generally gushing praise upon praise about the speech.  It was more than even this libturd could handle so I had to change over to Fox, which was conveniently re-airing the speech in its entirety.  I'd estimate that I caught the middle 2/3rds of the speech -- before I apparently was so enthralled with it that I fell asleep.  I did wake to one of Fox's talking heads calling the speech a disappointment and boring, so there's that.

I make no bones about being a progressive and my progressive tendencies.  I also make no bones about my dislike and distrust of the GOP and their false outrage and hypocracy.  

So ran across this piece on Maddow's blog.  About the official GOP rebuttal to the STOU.  http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/bette-spokane.  It points out the ACA horror story used in the GOP rebuttal, was proven to be false with little fact checking.  

The right have gotten in their mind that ACA is so bad they will run with any story from anyone who says it is bad.  Really don't you think you should actually fact check stories before you give them out as truth?  

Oh and I wonder when Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal will say that this MSNBC staffer's First Amendment Rights were violated and should get his job back.  http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/reince-priebus-rnc-msnbc-cheerios-super-bowl-102867.html

The right have gotten in their mind that ACA is so bad they will run with any story from anyone who says it is bad.  Really don't you think you should actually fact check stories before you give them out as truth?  

Since when have people cared about facts? They prefer outrage. 

I make no bones about being a progressive and my progressive tendencies.  I also make no bones about my dislike and distrust of the GOP and their false outrage and hypocracy.  

So ran across this piece on Maddow's blog.  About the official GOP rebuttal to the STOU.  http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/bette-spokane.  It points out the ACA horror story used in the GOP rebuttal, was proven to be false with little fact checking.  

Oh and I wonder when Sarah Palin and Bobby Jindal will say that this MSNBC staffer's First Amendment Rights were violated and should get his job back.  http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/reince-priebus-rnc-msnbc-cheerios-super-bowl-102867.html

It's a constant battle. Here in Texas, there are four Republican candidates for Lieutenant Governor (arguably equally as important, if not more so, than the governor). They recently had a debate. All four expressed their desire to have creationism taught in school (which is both stupid and unconstitutional).

Also, all four expressed their disdain for a recent court ruling where a judge allowed a man to take his brain-dead wife off of life support. The only reason she was still on it was because she was pregnant, and there was a recent law passed that stated a pregnant woman could not be taken off of it; ignoring the fact that the fetus was not healthy and it was unlikely it would have survived.

Of course, since it's been 20 years since a Democrat last won a statewide election here, this is probably what we're stuck with.

so wendy davis doesn't have a chance??

She's running for governor. But she has very little chance, if any. She's consistently 10-15 points behind in polls, with the exception of the occasional outlier that sees her pull within 6-8.

I'm fighting for Wendy. First time I've ever given any significant amount of money to a politician.

I really hope a science teacher tries to teach creationism to my agnostic 14 year old stepson someday. I will sell tickets.

Yeah Bill O'Reilly, lets just ask PBO about the same right wing conspiracy theories, rather than anything of substance. Also I am glad the liberal media decided to have someone so even handed interview the president. I am sure if Rachel maddow interviews the pres, no one would complain.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Texas, my employer contribution stayed the same. My plan went up $75/month

In addition to paying $900 more in premiums for what was allegedly the same plan, I've now learned that my carrier has decided not to fully cover allergy shots anymore, so that's another $312 I'm out this year.  So the insurance changes are costing me a minimum of $1,212 in 2014.  awesome!

Hmm, looks like the Affordable Care Act is not quite the unmitigated disaster for everyone:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/02/14/obamacares-rebound-helps-unitedhealth-lead-the-dow

UnitedHealth is the company taking $900 more of my income this year and cutting coverage for my allergy shots and other services.  Warms my heart to know their bottom line is doing better.

I was informed by cnn while at lunch that President Obama sat down with interviewer Charles Barkley to talk in part about the status of healthcare. Optimistic that that will answer all my questions I'll reserve judgment until after viewing.

I was informed by cnn while at lunch that President Obama sat down with interviewer Charles Barkley to talk in part about the status of healthcare. Optimistic that that will answer all my questions I'll reserve judgment until after viewing.

Journalism at its best I am sure.  Though dollars to doughnuts it will be a better interview then Bill O'Riley did before the Superbowl.