General Political Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Texas politics takes a turn for the worse. :dontgetit :(

What's your poison?

Dan Patrick's success and seeming November victory?

Or 7 months of Wendy Davis?

No matter what your political bent, things are seriously freaky in Texas

What's your poison?

Dan Patrick's success and seeming November victory?

Or 7 months of Wendy Davis?

No matter what your political bent, things are seriously freaky in Texas

Dan Patrick is definitely the worst surprise of the night. But the success of Ken Paxton, Glenn Hegar, Sid Miller, Wayne Christian is certainly depressing. Not to mention the way many Texas House seats went.

Plus, the District 11 State Board of Education seat will be in a runoff, which worries the hell out of me since the hard right is the only group that will turn out to vote in a runoff. So there's a victory for those that feel God is the most important thing in the classroom and Noah had dinosaurs on the ark.

Dan Patrick is definitely the worst surprise of the night. But the success of Ken Paxton, Glenn Hegar, Sid Miller, Wayne Christian is certainly depressing. Not to mention the way many Texas House seats went.

Plus, the District 11 State Board of Education seat will be in a runoff, which worries the hell out of me since the hard right is the only group that will turn out to vote in a runoff. So there's a victory for those that feel God is the most important thing in the classroom and Noah had dinosaurs on the ark.

Luckily the Legislature only meets every two years...

Hollyweird is doing the Noah story?!

I hope its up to rightwing fundamentalist standards otherwise we'll never hear the end of it.

Hollyweird is doing the Noah story?!

I hope its up to rightwing fundamentalist standards otherwise we'll never hear the end of it.

Apparently there is a disclaimer attached to the film and all of the promotional materials.  Just so we don't offend any of the far religious right, I guess. 

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-controversial-noah-will-now-carry-disclaimer-20140228,0,2975183.story#axzz2vajNwQRm

Apparently there is a disclaimer attached to the film and all of the promotional materials.  Just so we don't offend any of the far religious right, I guess. 

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-controversial-noah-will-now-carry-disclaimer-20140228,0,2975183.story#axzz2vajNwQRm

Well, thank the heavens above for that!

This got me thinking....I wonder how Noah accounted for the weight of the dinosaurs when building the ark. I mean, some of those suckers were enormous. Did he use extra pitch/tar or nails/pegs on certain areas to account for the additional weight? Also, did he use the sheer weight of his cargo as ballast? Was Noah a trained engineer? The mind boggles.