When do you expect new tour to be announced?

You guys know the patterns of the band better than I do, as most of you have been fans longer than I, so I ask: When do you think they will release new NA tour dates? I really want to take my girlfriend to her first Wilco show (she's as big of a fan as me...what a keeper..) and I know we have the new record to look forward to...plus Solid Sound has yet to happen. So when will they give us some dates? Before SS? In between SS and the new record? After the new record? What do ya think? I know traditionally a band will tour to support a new album, but Wilco is a band who has more or less made a living off touring relentlessly so I'm just curious.

Here is what we know:

From Wilco's  Facebook page, 12/31/12:

Thank you all for a fantastic 2012. We've got a lot to look forward to in 2013 -- including a new record, another Solid Sound Festival, and bunch more gigs and other surprises. Happy New Year to all from the band and the HQ crew. Cheers!

and....

Earlier in 2012, they announced that 2013 was going to be devoted to fewer tour dates (excepting SS and Australia/Japan, which had been scheduled) as they focus on making the new record.

So...now moving away from facts...I would not expect much in the way of touring before the fall. Maybe a NA leg and a European leg in the fall, of the 3-week variety, that they seem to favor now? Maybe the new record in the fall, or maybe more likely, winter, with touring to follow?

Here is what we know:

From Wilco's  Facebook page, 12/31/12:

Thank you all for a fantastic 2012. We've got a lot to look forward to in 2013 -- including a new record, another Solid Sound Festival, and bunch more gigs and other surprises. Happy New Year to all from the band and the HQ crew. Cheers!

and....

Earlier in 2012, they announced that 2013 was going to be devoted to fewer tour dates (excepting SS and Australia/Japan, which had been scheduled) as they focus on making the new record.

So...now moving away from facts...I would not expect much in the way of touring before the fall. Maybe a NA leg and a European leg in the fall, of the 3-week variety, that they seem to favor now? Maybe the new record in the fall, or maybe more likely, winter, with touring to follow?

Yeah, I'm hoping that we get the new album by Autumn, but at least by the holiday season, and then I think we'll get some tour dates in conjunction with that.

I'm hoping for a nice east coast swing & being able to see a few shows with material from the new album at some point in later 2013...though you never know, we might luck out with debut of some new material at Solid Sound too! But I certainly think we'll have some tour dates around the Autumn/Winter...and, of course, since I'm willing to travel within that max. 6-7 hours, and anything 4-5 hours for sure, I'm pretty sure to be able to make a few of these.

Can't wait for that new album!!!

Hmm. I see. Thanks for the info. I'm just really hoping we can get a Michigan date. They skipped the mitten last time around  :ohwell  

I saw them in Detroit in Dec. 2011, so they hit Michigan last tour at least at some point (on "The Whole Love" touring)- though I don't know if they did Mich. in 2012...(quicker doable drive when I go through Canada)...it's one of the shows I'd do again this year if possible...

I saw them in Detroit in Dec. 2011, so they hit Michigan last tour at least at some point (on "The Whole Love" touring)- though I don't know if they did Mich. in 2012...(quicker doable drive when I go through Canada)...it's one of the shows I'd do again this year if possible...

Yeah they didn't at all in 2012 which was what I was referring too. If they don't again this year I may have to make the trip to Toronto or Cleveland.

Yeah they didn't at all in 2012 which was what I was referring too. If they don't again this year I may have to make the trip to Toronto or Cleveland.

I'm south of Rochester, so after that city & Buffalo or Syracuse...Toronto is the next closest, followed by Cleveland & Pittsburgh...then NYC, Philly, Detroit, etc. ...so I probably be hitting Toronto & Cleveland too, if they make it those stops next tour...

I'm hoping  beyond hope for a surprise release around May. If Bob Dylan and David Bowie can produce a record that nobody but the participants knew about, then Mr. Tweedy and company can do it also. They don't have papparazzi and biographers following their every move.

I'm just hoping Jeff can keep interested and excited and keep this band rolling along.

Do people think they are recording now? Whatever is going on in the Loft doesn't involve Mikael, who continues to post photos daily from his new home in CA.

Yeah, I've wondered about Mikael too. He's moved from Brooklyn to CA and is planning to open up his own music studio, I gather.

Nels had a show in Brooklyn last week and another this week, and John has been tweeting pictures from India, so it doesn't seem likely they're in the studio now. Nels doesn't have another show scheduled until March 15, so maybe they'll squeeze in a few weeks of recording later this month.

Between their current commitments and the start of the Australia and Asia tour in late March, it doesn't look like they're going to have much time to get together in the loft till late April.

Think of how fresh and exciting those Australia shows are going to sound, though! Maybe they'll live stream one--one of the Sydney show, maybe?

Between their current commitments and the start of the Australia and Asia tour in late March, it doesn't look like they're going to have much time to get together in the loft till late April. Think of how fresh and exciting those Australia shows are going to sound, though! Maybe they'll live stream one--one of the Sydney show, maybe?

nah, melbourne!