Austin City Limits Festival Revealed

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1560730/austin-city-limits-lineup-depeche-mode-the-cure-and-kings-of-leon-are-texas

Muse, Lionel Richie, Atoms for Peace, Phoenix and Wilco
will also headline the two-weekend event

Austin City Limits' two-weekend debut will have plenty of music to go around.

The Texas festival, which will run Oct. 4-6 and 11-13, will see headlining performances from Depeche Mode, the Cure, Muse, Kings of Leon, Atoms for Peace, Lionel Richie, Phoenix and Wilco.

It will mark a return to the fest for Kings of Leon, with other acts, including Depeche Mode and the Cure, making their debuts.

Other notable acts on the six-day bill include Vampire Weekend, fun., D'Angelo, the National, Queens of the Stone Age, Kendrick Lamar, Passion Pit, Grimes and the Shouting Matches, the new project from Bon Iver's Justin Vernon. Tickets for the Zilker Park concert are on sale today at 10 a.m. Central at aclfestival.com.

See the festival's full lineup below (headliners in bold):

Depeche Mode
The Cure
Muse
Kings of Leon
Atoms For Peace
Lionel Richie
Phoenix
Wilco
Vampire Weekend
The National
Eric Church
Passion Pit
Arctic Monkeys
Queens Of The Stone Age
fun.
Kendrick Lamar
Franz Ferdinand
D'Angelo
Kaskade
Tame Impala
Local Natives
The Shouting Matches
Toro Y Moi
Grimes
Portugal. The Man
Silversun Pickups
The Joy Formidable
Neko Case
Divine Fits
Grouplove
Jimmy Eat World
The Black Angels
The Bright Light Social Hour
The Mavericks
Okkervil River
Shuggie Otis
Purity Ring
Dawes
HAIM
Smith Westerns
Junip
WALK THE MOON
Vintage Trouble
Noah and the Whale
Paper Diamond
Lissie
Pinback

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Wild Belle
Phosphorescent
Court Yard Hounds
Thao & the Get Down Stay Down
Foxygen
Little Green Cars
Savages
Autre Ne Veut
Parquet Courts
FIDLAR
White Denim
True Believers
The Blind Boys of Alabama
Delta Rae
Jake Bugg
The Lone Bellow
Electric Guest
Dan Croll
Deap Vally
Wild Nothing
Typhoon
Hundred Waters
Twin Forks
Red Baraat
Electric Six
Shovels & Rope
Reignwolf
Mona
MS MR
Widowspeak
Asleep at the Wheel
Bear Mountain
Greensky Bluegrass
JD Mcpherson
Valerie June
Wild Feathers
Roadkill Ghost Choir
JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound
Desert Noises
The Band Of Heathens
Holly Williams
Alanna Royale
Cherub
The Dynamites feat. Charles Walker
Shinyribs

Jacuzzi Boys
Wick-it The Instigator
Shakey Graves
Houndmouth
Wild Cub
Peterson Brothers Band
Luella and the Sun
X Ambassadors
Sons Of Fathers
Courrier
My Jerusalem
Not In The Face
Dana Falconberry
Bobby Jealousy
Whiskey Shivers
The Preservation
Max Frost
Latasha Lee & The BlackTies
CALEB
Shannon LaBrie
Andrew Duhon
Kristin Diable & The City
Colin Lake
Brooke Waggoner
Tyree Morris & Hearts of Worship
Endurance
The Stapletones
Heavenly Voices Choir
The McCrary Sisters
Disciples of Christ
The Hensley Ensemble
The Durdens
The Warrior Gospel Band
Barton Hills Choir
The Verve Pipe
School of Rock
Tim and the Space Cadets
Peter DiStefano & Tor
Grace London
Playdate
The Ohmies
The Q Brothers
Andy Z
Caspar Babypants

Not all that impressed by the lineup, but I'll spring for a single-day ticket for the night that Wilco play. Murphy's Law dictates that they'll probably play the same weekend (October 10-12) that the Great American Beer Festival is held in Denver. I'll have several chances to see Wilco this year, but there's only one GABF.

Not all that impressed by the lineup, but I'll spring for a single-day ticket for the night that Wilco play. Murphy's Law dictates that they'll probably play the same weekend (October 10-12) that the Great American Beer Festival is held in Denver. I'll have several chances to see Wilco this year, but there's only one GABF.

Do they normally sell one day tickets? I didn't think this was an option..Wilco are playing both weekends, no?

Do they normally sell one day tickets? I didn't think this was an option..Wilco are playing both weekends, no?

Their Facebook page says this, so I guess they'll probably play both weekends:

Lineup headliners and most 2013 bands will be performing BOTH Weekend One and Two of this year's Festival, with the exception of some of our local artists.

They used to do single-day passes, but I just read that the new 2-weekend format will do away with that. So now I'm looking at $225 to see Wilco. Hmmmmmm.....

no single day passes this year.

I've been the past 2 years.  ACL is hands-down the best outdoor music event I've attended.  safe, clean, no bullshit, great organization.  the food kicks ass as well. 

I was going to ask how does Lionel Richie fit in with the above schedule, but I guess he has a new duet country record out? Do they have a country stage or something? One of these days I will make it down to Austin.

I got the Pollstar notification this morning, but I can't see any mention regarding who is playing on which weekend...would be good to know as I have a good excuse to treat myself to some travel one of those weekends!

I got the Pollstar notification this morning, but I can't see any mention regarding who is playing on which weekend...would be good to know as I have a good excuse to treat myself to some travel one of those weekends!

Buried in a reply above, this is worth calling out:

"Lineup headliners and most 2013 bands will be performing BOTH Weekend One and Two of this year's Festival, with the exception of some of our local artists."

So, like Coachella. Advantage of going to weekend two is you get to read the reviews from the first weekend to see which acts were surprise hits and which were disappointments.

I love the idea of two weekends of ACL, although i do not go to the ACL. I live close to Dallas and most of these acts will pair up during the week and play small venues around here for a fraction of the cost. This year we get two weeks!  I can't wait for Rocktober to get! here! :-)

I love the idea of two weekends of ACL, although i do not go to the ACL. I live close to Dallas and most of these acts will pair up during the week and play small venues around here for a fraction of the cost. This year we get two weeks!  I can't wait for Rocktober to get! here! :-)

THAT is awesome!  My husband has work often in San Antonio, so we were considering heading down that week in the middle because I was thinking there would be some good opportunity to hear music that week.  Then, hit up ACL because we haven't done that since we lived there.