Hummingbird
Impossible Germany
I Got You
Dawned On Me

....Shot In The Arm & Dreamer scratched due to time. Thanks for trying Jeff

All of Wilco came out w/ MMJ for Isn't It A Pity

More tomorrow

All of Wilco came out w/ MMJ for Isn't It A Pity

Cool! I love that song. I am so glad that Wilco is playing with the other artists on the bill - Weir, MMJ, RT. I wonder if the folks at Jones Beach will get to see Beck join Wilco?

I hope Dylan joins in the fun, but I continue to have my doubts about it happening on this tour. I suppose he has already had his fun, sacking Duke and bringing back Charlie Sexton.

Richard Thompson

Stuck On The Treadmill

Sally B

Good Things Happen To Bad People

Tear Stained Letter

Can't Win

My Morning Jacket

Circuital

It Beats 4 U

X-Mas Curtain

Master Plan

Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

Steam Engine

Isn't It a Pity (with Wilco)

Wordless Chorus

Victory Dance

Gideon

Bob Dylan

Things Have Changed

Love Sick

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Soon After Midnight

Early Roman Kings

Tangled Up In Blue

Duquesne Whistle

She Belongs To Me

Beyond Here Lies Nothin'

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Blind Willie McTell

Simple Twist Of Fate

Summer Days

All Along The Watchtower

Encore:

Ballad Of A Thin Man

Isn't It a Pity was mind blowing. Jeff and John came out w/guitars. Mike sat in with the keyboard player and Nels, Mike and Pat played percussion. They went full Concert for Bangladesh on our asses.

The opening few songs and the SBS tunes really clicked with me tonight. Sloth with Richard Thompson was an absolute blinder too.

There were some complaints about the sound in the very front rows. Jeff even addressed it at one point people kept asking for them to turn it up. I was in the front of the middle, and it sounded fine to me. Nels was a little down in the mix and Mike was a little high, but it never bothered me all that much.

If you are a big Richard Thompson fan and coming to a show later on the tour, just a heads up the Trio came out 15 minutes before the advertised start time (5:30).

Lot of gravel in that voice of Dylan's, but there were a few songs "Duquense Whistle" "Tangled Up in Blue" that really clicked.

Isn't It a Pity was mind blowing. Jeff and John came out w/guitars. Mike sat in with the keyboard player and Nels, Mike and Pat played percussion. They went full Concert for Bangladesh on our asses.

The opening few songs and the SBS tunes really clicked with me tonight. Sloth with Richard Thompson was an absolute blinder too.

There were some complaints about the sound in the very front rows. Jeff even addressed it at one point people kept asking for them to turn it up. I was in the front of the middle, and it sounded fine to me. Nels was a little down in the mix and Mike was a little high, but it never bothered me all that much.

If you are a big Richard Thompson fan and coming to a show later on the tour, just a heads up the Trio came out 15 minutes before the advertised start time (5:30).

Lot of gravel in that voice of Dylan's, but there were a few songs "Duquense Whistle" "Tangled Up in Blue" that really clicked.

Spot on, Richard Thompson and MMJ are great and shouldn't be missed. They rocked :rock

We were between Nels and Jeff, would have been nice to meet you, maybe next time?

Isn't It A Pitty was worth the drive alone from Indy

Volume banter: Male fan - "turn it up" Jeff - "your just deaf after MMJ"  Female fan "turn it up"  :headbonk   Jeff - "were not here to entertain you"  "I'm not in control of the volume, we have a house guy for that, Stan has been with us for a long time"

Richard Thompson was once again introduced by Jeff as "My new best friend". 

The smiles and grins between Nels and Richard Thompson were priceless.  Their interplay was great.  Jeff had a grin from ear to ear as well.  It's also a nice moment for the rest of the band, you can tell they are very happy.

Bob Dylan's band is really tight.  The vocals really wern't bad, if you know the song's you can understand the lyrics.  I second "Duquesne Whistle" as his best song of the night.

Anyone that has the opportunity to go to two shows back to back within a couple hundred miles, I would suggest you take advantage of that.  MMJ and Wilco as you have read are in the spirit of changing up their sets each night.  The Richard Thompson and Wilco/MMJ colaboration opportunites are vast and who knows maybe a little further down the road Bobby Z may make a surprise appearance?

Thanks for the set lists and reviews, everybody. Having been to a couple of these, I can strongly second what ditty said: if you can go to one more, do it. My road trip to Atlanta from Tampa, while brutal, was well worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I was planning to go to just Virginia Beach because it's such a luxury to actually have Wilco in MY town, but after reading all these setlists and hearing about the collaborations, I decided to add MPP the day before as well. Thanks to a Wilco friend with a couple of spares, we were able to get great seats in the second row, center section. (I already had pit tickets for Va. Beach.) Really excited now for both days. The only downside is we get Ryan Bingham for both shows--I don't know his music well, but I LOVE Richard Thompson.

Maybe a stupid question, but did they play "Red Eyed and Blue," or just go straight into "I Got You"?

They went right into I Got You. Took me a bit by surprise as I don't think I've ever heard live before without Red Eyed and Blue preceeding it.

Nels with the lap steel? It's what I'd do if I were Nels, and god willing, someday I will be.

Sadly no. MMJ had a steel guitar where Pat sat during the song but to my eyes/ears he was only playing tambourine/shakers. Nels and Glenn were with MMJ's drummer and played extra percussion for the song.

ditty, yeah, sorry I missed you. I forgot to check VC before I got there and was having some connectivity problems w/my iPhone during the set. I was only able to swing one show this tour but I'm sure I'll be catching them in Cincy, Pittsburgh, DC, or Lord willing Morgantown again sometime soon.

"Isn't It a Pity" was the chill-inducing highlight for me. Seriously was hoping for an MMJ George Harrison cover, but never dreamed all of Wilco would join. And it sounded perfect.

The Wilco set was cool because it started slow. I'm not sure how much people were into that, but I sure dug it.

The different between MMJ fans and Wilco fans was on display: all of the MMJ fans seem to be 20-something neo-hippies, while the Wilco fans look like one-time rockers turned professionals in their thirties. There are exceptions, of course.

I'd never seen MMJ, and they sounded great, but I've tried to get into them, and I just find the songwriting lacking for me. But they were seriously tight.

Dylan was Dylan. The band was great, much better with Charlie back in the fold. I saw him in March, and it was clear that Duke wasn't really in the groove. A lot of wrong notes. I dare say the band was perfect, save for "Duquesne Whistle".

Sloth?  That's utterly incredible.  I've seen Richard Thompson a coupe times, and I don't get the impression that he plays that song very often, if ever.

For those of you not very familiar with Richard or Fairport Convention, here is the original version:

First post on Via Chicago ...

Saturday night was a really great show. I am a native to Cincinnati and a river fiend, so enjoyed the Americanarama's/river town/in-and-out vibe across all performances.

I was in the lawn, but agreed with the semi-hecklers in the pavilion on the volume. I wish it was louder and, of course, the set list longer. Overall a seamless and thoughtful show with Wilco. I was so pleased they opened with Either Way and happy with Impossible Germany and it's inherent jam. It's kind of stock to say but I have to admit that California Stars was a highlight too.

Looking forward into jumping into conversation on other threads! See ya.