How many concerts do you attend in a normal year?

How many shows a year do you attend?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How many concerts do you see in an average year?

I usually average between 50-80 shows a year..This year im in the 50 range. Sometimes it is great, most of the time I say I am getting to old to keep going at this pace but when I don't attemd a show I want to go to I usually end up regretting missing the show..vicous cycle for this live music junkie who has to get up at 6am for work :twitchsmile

Sadly, just 2-3 max these days.

When I was younger, it was that many in a week!

In my prime, 3-5 per month. Now, its 1-2 every other month.

And if its over my pricepoint of $25 per ticket, forget it, I'm not going.

I live near NYC there are good shows almost every night of the year..90% of the shows I go to are under $30...I am actually looking forward to the end of the year as I only have 3 shows left and I will hopefully get some more sleep..

Seeing My Bloody Valentine next week :guitar

is a concert a night out of one to several bands, or does each band's set count? and how do you factor in festivals?

i usually see around ~200 different sets each year, but obviously festivals inflate that total (and many times i only see a few songs from a particular band).

Festival I count as one show.. Each tickets show would be one show I guess.. The question for you specifically is how many full shows do you see a year :)

I keep a log.  24 last year, 21 so far this year.  For Festivals, I count each festival day as 1.  i.e,. Solid Sound, I count as 3.  For Jazzfest, I count a day at the Fairgrounds as 1, and then any late night shows as another.  Not bad for middle age, though weeknight shows are getting harder and harder.  Someone mentioned living in NYC and the availability of music, my (older than me) buddy racked up over 160 shows last year.

I keep a log.  24 last year, 21 so far this year.  For Festivals, I count each festival day as 1.  i.e,. Solid Sound, I count as 3.  For Jazzfest, I count a day at the Fairgrounds as 1, and then any late night shows as another.  Not bad for middle age, though weeknight shows are getting harder and harder.  Someone mentioned living in NYC and the availability of music, my (older than me) buddy racked up over 160 shows last year.

damn. going out every other night for an entire year is hard core.

damn. going out every other night for an entire year is hard core.

Ha I can see that happening. I have been going to concerts in NYC since 1995. I keep a log too... I'm embarrassed to say I am up to about 925 concerts... Going to have a huge celebration though for my 1000 and will but anyone of my friends who want to join me a ticket for that show as a celebration :)

I am in the smallest category, unfortunately. I would really like to go to more, but it is tough to make middle of week shows. Especially for bands that I am luke-warm on. When you work two jobs, sometimes sleep is better.

Yeah, kids, age, will do that.  My wife and I were at Dr. Dog the other night and remarked that the crowds seem to get drunker and stupider every year.  Talking, acting like jackasses, shoving people aside to get to the front.  Either I am getting older and less tolerant, or concert goer's are indeed getting more doucheyer.  

I probably go to about 4 or 5 shows a year.