not necessarily the best performances of the over 300 that i saw, but some of my favorite images of the year. i think this board only allows for 4 embedded photos, so if you wanna see more, there's always more:

Ethan Miller, Comets On Fire

p618810835-4.jpg

Rob Zombie

p1002125531-4.jpg

Glenn Kotche, Wilco

p960631971-4.jpg

Alison Mosshart, The Kills

p734942326-4.jpg

yeah, i was glad to have finally nailed that shot.

i was pretty far back, to the right of the soundboard, but a 1.4 teleconverter and holding the camera up over my head worked out ok.

Good thing you finally got it, since this was the, ahem, "final" Glenn standing on his drums routine ever, unless they return to Joe's Field! :rock :rolleyes

thanks all.

is this the guy you are referring to? i think this was during Pig Destroyer's set.

p696229484-4.jpg

Yes, that's the one.  It's an insanely good shot. Did you take a bunch of him and this was the best one or did you just get very fortunate on one attempt?  If it was the latter that is some serendipity.

i might have taken a few, but i don't think all that many. he was headbanging right at the barrier and there was plenty of light (being day) so that made it easier.

i like this shot too but the lack of a strong center makes it a much lesser photo. still, i like the random ticket-less dude headbanging away from behind the security fence.

p1830998866-4.jpg