• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One mystery solved - it's a word. I guess they are going through the pilot's homemade simulator to see exactly what he was simulating.

EDIT: No wait, it has not been sanctioned yet as a word.

Guest Don Draper

I really wanted to believe the fire-on-board story, and I did for a while. But the ValuJet crash from '96 was due to a fire and everyone on board was unconscious for the remaining minute or two of the (ten minute) flight. But the fire took out the controls pretty quickly, as fires are wont to burn things. So then it struck me as weird  that a plane could keep flying for as long as it did if it was burning badly enough to incapacitate everyone on board.

Also, even though the communications get pulled as soon as smoke is detected, didn't anyone on board have a phone? I'd sure call someone if I was facing death. I have no idea whether folks get much cell reception in the middle of the ocean though, so. And they probably don't.

I'm intrigued by all of this too. I have a hard time believing that someone hijacked the plane only to land it safely to get it ready for nefarious purposes. The cost of that endeavor would far outweigh whatever destructive value it would have had, outside of shock value. I mean, the money it would take to divert a plane, land it, refuel it, get it all terrorist-y and shit, and kill 239 people? That's a lot of manpower that could be used to do so many other things.

Looks like Malaysia is confirming it went down in the Indian Ocean:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/24/malaysia-pm-plane-plunged-into-indian-ocean/20855264/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D457165

Sad but strange story, whatever it was that happened. I assumed days ago that it had crashed, with no chance of survivors, but I guess the families of those onboard were still holding out some hope.

pfft,.. it was gone 2 and hlaf weeks back

Looks like Malaysia is confirming it went down in the Indian Ocean:

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/24/malaysia-pm-plane-plunged-into-indian-ocean/20855264/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D457165

Sad but strange story, whatever it was that happened. I assumed days ago that it had crashed, with no chance of survivors, but I guess the families of those onboard were still holding out some hope.

pffft... its been 2 and a half weeks already. latest reports say it was a suicide mission. 102 years since the titanic

You're welcome and thanks!

One thing on this story I havent heard any comments on...........as far as I know, no passengers made cell phone calls or sent texts after the plane changed course. In this day and age of connectedness, how could that be? Seems odd.

My pal has a theory that everyone on the plane was incapacitated by the altitude; thats why there were no phone calls. Your answer makes more sense.