Paul Simon arrested on disorderly conduct charges

Dang, the internet comments sections on this story are full of these little one-liner references to Paul's songs.

I really like Paul, but apparently he can be a real douche if you are Edie Brickell or a member of Los Lobos.

This is why I'll never give up Woody Allen movies.  I used to worship Kirby Puckett, then found out what an asshole he was.  At that point I decided that if a public figure was talented at what they did, I would appreciate it if  NOT the person.  It's kind of weird to believe Paul Simon, John Denver, and Jackson Browne all been implicated in domestic violence at some point in their lives.

Dang, the internet comments sections on this story are full of these little one-liner references to Paul's songs.

I really like Paul, but apparently he can be a real douche if you are Edie Brickell or a member of Los Lobos.

I bet the Lobos guys must be smiling to themselves just a little bit.

I bet the Lobos guys must be smiling to themselves just a little bit.

are you serious?  do you think that little of the members of Los Lobos?  you think they're rejoicing because a husband and wife were arrested for fighting each other?

This is why I'll never give up Woody Allen movies.  I used to worship Kirby Puckett, then found out what an asshole he was.  At that point I decided that if a public figure was talented at what they did, I would appreciate it if  NOT the person. 

Hmm. How's that going?

domestic violence is the BEST, you guys are soooo funny.

Not as funny as video of the incident would be.

I'm willing to bet she hit him. Dude is tiny.

you were right!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-simon-slapped-by-edie-brickell/

We’re starting to get a clearer picture of Saturday night’s domestic disturbance between Paul Simon and wife Edie Brickell. According to a police report, Brickell slapped Simon because he “broke her heart.”

The New York Daily News says that, although the true nature of Simon’s actions that prompted the slap are not revealed, apparently he couldn’t “handle being criticized in any manner and became confrontational.” The skirmish resulted in Simon having a “superficial cut to his ear,” while Brickell wound up with a “small bruise to her right wrist.”

When the police arrived, the couple were still yelling at each other, and the officers noted that Brickell had alcohol on her breath. She claimed that Simon “was acting like a spoiled baby by calling 911 and that he did not care about their children.” Brickell also said that there had been previous physical confrontations between the two, but refused to give the police any further details.

As this story has been unfolding, yesterday (April 30), Simon and Brickell released a new song, ‘Like to Get to Know You.’ The duet, somewhat prophetically, dealsarrow-10x10.png with the difficulties in keeping a relationship together over the years, even as the couple remain in love.

Read More: Paul Simon Slapped By Edie Brickell, Police Report Says | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-simon-slapped-by-edie-brickell/?trackback=tsmclip

Wait, Kirby Puckett was an asshole? More or less of one than Darryl Strawberry?

Acquitted of those charges.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2003/04/03_stawickie_puckett/

Strawberry wasn't assaulting women in restrooms, was he? Just a crack head.

And he failed to pay child support, but really I am still mad at him for signing with LA back in '91.

Lammys always good for cutting through the crap and getting to the heart of the matter.

She's not aware of too many things, but she knows what she knows if you know what I mean?

I do. This marriage has lasted way longer than one would have expected it to. Anyone been married a long time? If so maybe you can relate. Obviously there is no real excuse for interpersonal violence, but I totally believe that Edie could kick short old Paul's ass.

LouieB