what are the most unlikely original lineup reunions?

Yes  (Classic Lineup...Bruford, Wakeman, Howe, Anderson, Squire.  The original lineup has some members who have passed away.)

Television  (Richard LLoyd won't work with Tom Verlaine any more.)

Hüsker Dü was the first one that came to mind. I see that it made your list, too.

Of the ones that you did not list:

XTC

From what I've read, they are seem a little bit settled into domestic-type lifestyle. And the money just wouldn't be big enough for a cult band like this to get back together so that they could pay the bills.

The Happy Mondays

Are they all even still alive? I'd be surprised if they were. But, even if they were, that is just one fucked up group of people, there. No way. Maybe they would make an announcement, but it would never actually come to fruition.

Maybe I'll think of more later.

Oh, wait...

So, did this actually come through?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2093793/The-original-Happy-Mondays-line-reform-time-19-years.html

I swear that I did no research about this before my post and had heard nothing one way or the other.

So, did it?

Oh, wait...

So, did this actually come through?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2093793/The-original-Happy-Mondays-line-reform-time-19-years.html

I swear that I did no research about this before my post and had heard nothing one way or the other.

So, did it?

The Mondays opened for the Psych Furs a few years ago, but I know that Bez wasn't there. not sure of the others.

dont agree with gnr honestly. i dont think itll happen soon, but i think well see something very close to an original lineup tour eventually. theres huge money involved, and weve already seen a few ex-members make amends with axl. just seems like a matter of time before it all falls into place

cant argue with the rest though. saw a commenter mention fugazi, but does it count if they never broke up? id welcome a fugazi reunion (the arguments my favorite of theirs) but how could ian balance it with all his ethical stands? imagine fugazi reunion shows in church basements for $5

on the indefinite hiatus note, sleater-kinney needs to return asap. i liked wild flag and corins solo work a lot, but portlandia is terrible and carrie should make music again

i thought that S-K was gonna reform, but apparently not. Wild Flag is over, though.

for GnR, i don't see Izzy joining the band.

i replied to the Fugazi post by also including Minor Threat. i can't imagine Ian (or anyone) would want to re-live that moment....would seem really silly.

oh yeah minor threat has zero chance. rightfully so. i play that stuff a lot but seeing 40 year old ian do it would be embarrassing, and he knows it. one of few musicians you can count on to only reunite for the right reasons

the s-k girls have said theyd reform within the next five years. think that was maybe two years ago. they all seem open to it (and with wild flag out of the way, carrie'd need an outlet for her songs) so i think you can safely assume its coming. portlandia's inexplicable popularity is certainly an obstacle though

another band that never officially called it quits that im waiting on is sfa. they keep giving the safe answer of well be back eventually but its been half a decade since they put an album out and theyve all got solo projects going at the moment, so who knows. 

Super Furry Animals? i saw them in 2009 last. kind of a dismal show, to be honest. was hoping for a lot more.

yup. we've discussed this before. iirc you saw them at atp, which by all indications ive seen was not a good performance. i saw them that weekend at their own gig and it was great. they havent toured or recorded since then, so perhaps some interband tension had come up.

Has Eric Avery made up with Perry Farrell yet?