Sha na na na, sha na na na na

Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip

Mum mum mum mum mum mum

Get a job

sha na na na, sha na na na na

Same here. Hopefully in Chicago!

3. Strive for strength and compassion as my dad continues to endure stage 4 lung cancer

UGH!  My best friend passed away last year after his lung cancer spread to his brain.  Once it spread it was too much to overcome.  44 years old.   

I feel for you, and I'm sorry for you and anyone else going through this.  This is a terrible disease.   

I'm gonna read Joyce's Ulysses. I've had a copy on my bookshelf for the past 25 years and I've never gotten any farther than the introduction and the first dozen pages or so. This is the year that I'm gonna do it.

Oh, I also have 'Ulysses' next to my bed, a copy I bought at Shakespeare and Company in Paris 10 years ago.  The bookmark is on page 18  :ermm .  Hope you do better with it!

Last year I met some long-term financial goals and finally feel like I can take a breath and not worry so much about money and job security.  In the new year, I want to keep practicing guitar every day and improve my (very basic) skills.  Also, make some new friends.  There's been some attrition in that department, and I really need to figure out how to meet more people I have something in common with and not be a loner, which is my natural habit.  And of course to see as much live music as I can handle.  Rock on in the new year!

UGH!  My best friend passed away last year after his lung cancer spread to his brain.  Once it spread it was too much to overcome.  44 years old.   

I feel for you, and I'm sorry for you and anyone else going through this.  This is a terrible disease.

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your best friend. That really, really stinks. We expect to lose our parents at some point. Friends not so much.

I think someone on this board said it best, in reference to Sue's struggles: "cancer is an asshole."

I really enjoyed reading this. 40 days of steady kindness without slipping into the occasional bit of snarky commentary? I don't know if I could do it, but I'd admire the hell out of anyone who gave it a sincere try. I nominate Raspberry Jam as our VC entrant. Let us know (nicely!) how it goes, RJ! :)

Write and record enough songs to finish off my album.

I've hit a writer's block recently (only wrote 1 song all of 2014) and really want to bust out of it.

I really enjoyed reading this. 40 days of steady kindness without slipping into the occasional bit of snarky commentary? I don't know if I could do it, but I'd admire the hell out of anyone who gave it a sincere try. I nominate Raspberry Jam as our VC entrant. Let us know (nicely!) how it goes, RJ! :)

I don't know.  Without cynicism, sarcasm, or pessimism, I'm pretty much left with no personality whatsoever.

I need to: Sha na na na, sha na na na na[/size]Sha na na na, sha na na na na[/size]Sha na na na, sha na na na na[/size]Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip[/size]Mum mum mum mum mum mum[/size]Get a job[/size]sha na na na, sha na na na na[/size]

Best O Luck to both you and Boss _ Tweedy

Here's Get a Job from '72 Winterland

for extra points where was " Harold turn up the mike ! " from ?

• 2 weeks later...