So What are Your Ambitions for 2015?

As we head into this fresh new year (with all our old baggage!) what are you hoping for? I don't have any grandiose plans like my sister's big trip to Italy (jealous, I admit it  :blush) but I do have plans for some upgrades to life: a new car for me and a new mattress because the old one sags just enough to make my back ache a little. And when I say new car, I mean a used car that is new to me. I have zero interest in taking on an auto loan! 

Beyond that, I hope to see a bunch of you at Solid Sound for the best festival out there & the best group of friends to enjoy it with. Just hoping for enough peace and prosperity to accomplish these goals, and enough self-discipline to resume a regular exercise schedule, which pretty much went off the rails around Thanksgiving or so. Time to get back to reality now, and shake off the laziness.

How about you? What plans are you making for the year ahead? :bee  

(1) To move to and to make a new life and career for myself in Chicago (I've been working on this for two years); and

(2) For this year to be better than the last.

I haven't really thought it about it too much, but one thing is certain. I am gonna focus on losing some weight this year... being at an all-time high isn't where I want to be. after screwing up my knee, my fitness suffered accordingly, but my food and beer intake didn't. as Molina said "Now something's got to change"

family and jobwise, i'm at a very good place and don't see any major tweaks to be made... one side benefit of my knee situation is that i didn't take many vacation hours last year, so i've got 5+ weeks to burn this year. gonna take advantage of that.

on the photography front, i'd like to keep advancing, but again on my own terms. i don't want to get in some situation where I'm covering acts i despise, just in the hopes that some large media outlet may pick them up for use. but i don't view this as any sort of money-making operation, so i'll probably keep doing what i've been doing. 

I'm gonna read Joyce's Ulysses. I've had a copy on my bookshelf for the past 25 years and I've never gotten any farther than the introduction and the first dozen pages or so. This is the year that I'm gonna do it.

I plan on keeping up with the exercise and food thing that I've been doing since October.  I feel great, I'm down 15 lbs, and my knees aren't sore anymore.

I'd really like to get a permanent job in my preferred field.  I'm afraid I made a huge mistake staying home with my kids when they were young.  I didn't imagine that I'd have difficulty getting back into it, but I am.  I don't have many big regrets, but this is shaping up as one.

I've got some good travel and music plans for this year, so yeah for that!

I'd really like to get a permanent job in my preferred field.  I'm afraid I made a huge mistake staying home with my kids when they were young.  I didn't imagine that I'd have difficulty getting back into it, but I am.  I don't have many big regrets, but this is shaping up as one.

that's a real tough one and obviously i can't speak for you, but i do admire your sacrifice and i'm sure that your kids do as well. and congrats on dropping the weight.

Beyond that, I hope to see a bunch of you at Solid Sound for the best festival out there & the best group of friends to enjoy it with.

Hope we can meet up there too! This will be the first Solid Sound for my wife and me. Already got the "early bird" special and hotel booked.

Other ambitions for the year: get some stuff self-published, get finances in better order (spend less, save more), and get in slightly better shape!

I'm gonna read Joyce's Ulysses. I've had a copy on my bookshelf for the past 25 years and I've never gotten any farther than the introduction and the first dozen pages or so. This is the year that I'm gonna do it.

Let us know if it's any good.

Baby #2 is so fun...you're much more relaxed, and it's wonderful watching the sibling relationship develop! Congratulations! Take good care of the wife...make her put her feet up more often, and make her a nice cup of herbal tea or something. :)

peace, love & understanding

and to see my sister Donna, at SS  ;) miss her

I hope to be there, Drew! :wave

I'm about to pull permits to demolish the detached garage and build a recording studio at the house my wife and I bought in 2014. It's gonna be madness.

That sounds pretty awesome! Enjoy the process, despite the madness!

Baby #2 is so fun...you're much more relaxed, and it's wonderful watching the sibling relationship develop! Congratulations! Take good care of the wife...make her put her feet up more often, and make her a nice cup of herbal tea or something. :)

Yeah it will be exciting..two boys. My son is quite excited to play fire trucks with his younger brother. Will take care of the wife too she is easy going

Aw shit...I wrote something but it sounded super complain-y.

Let's just say, I have a number of challenges I'm hoping to overcome or resolvet.  Fortunately, they're mostly money and real estate related, and not issues of health.

I need to:

Sha na na na, sha na na na na

Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip

Mum mum mum mum mum mum

Get a job

sha na na na, sha na na na na

Best of luck. I was playing this one quite a bit this time last year, luckily i eventually got the goddamned job :)