^^ Me too. See you in the old fogie balcony! :wave

I'm heading to the Friday Chicago show too. Went for the old fogie seated balcony option...

Guess we still young at heart - I still enjoy GA tickets when we have the opportunity. The stage at Thalia is at a decent height, too -- the few times I was there with my wife (who is on the short side) - she didn't have any issues seeing the stage.

I have never sat up in the balcony, there, though. 

Glad the new record will be released prior to the tour.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read! Best quote (in response to a question about whether or not they think about what the listeners will "use" the music for):

KAPLAN: I think we mostly try, as best we can, to forget that anyone’s going to hear it.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've finally gotten the new one. Gotta say, so far it's kind of B minus to me. Totally pleasant, kind of on the Brian Eno tip at times, just not as thrilling as all of the other releases I've picked up from them.

i find this is a record you need to spent a fair amount of actively listening. it's low key, but there is a lot there. give it some time.

i find this is a record you need to spent a fair amount of actively listening. it's low key, but there is a lot there. give it some time.

I'm getting there. That first instrumental has such a great mood and texture, then opening into Georgia singing "Painting my room to reflect my mood," over the vintage 60's vamp complete with tambourine. Pretty great.