Wilco Rate the '90s, Porta Potties, Napping, and More on "Over/Under"

Wilco Rate the '90s, Porta Potties, Napping, and More on "Over/Under"

Also discussed: keytars, fortune cookies, and giving away free music

http://pitchfork.com/news/61614-wilco-rate-the-90s-porta-potties-napping-and-more-on-overunder/

ef4b0544.jpg

Today, Pitchfork.tv presents a new episode of "Over/Under", the interview series in which artists evaluate a series of random topics, declaring if they're overrated or underrated. In this episode, Wilco rate the '90s ("Every era is underrated, and the idea of decades is overrated"), mouthwash ("It's just something they've convinced people to buy, like soap and toilet paper... just kidding"), and fortune cookies ("I can tell you very strongly that they're bullshit, because I got one last time we were at the Grammys that said, 'You will be given an award today'"). Watch their assessments below.

I found it very charming and funny.  It's nice to see them all respond to questions that are a bit off the wall instead of the usual standards.  Did anyone else notice how all 5 of the other band members zone out when Jeff is talking about how listeners are collaborators?  They must have heard that answer a hundred times!

Did anyone else notice how all 5 of the other band members zone out when Jeff is talking about how listeners are collaborators?  They must have heard that answer a hundred times!

I just rewatched and you're right. That was really funny!