Second City Living Room Show Auction

If the group or even groups bidding on the current Charitybuzz auction need or have room for one more i would gladly participate and disproportionately so. Welcome any private message to try to get into this exclusive group for what must be a mind-boggling experience. I even have a perfect living room available, but located in NY. Thanks!

Same here. If there's a ringleader for this online bidding group, I would also love to join in. I would contribute proportionately (up to $1,000) and would go to wherever the show is being hosted. I've been to one of these before, in 2013, and it was unforgettable. Sadly, there's no room this year in the group I was a part of. You can PM me here.

I guess we don't find out (at least not on the Charitybuzz page) how much the show finally went for. Once it closes, it seems, the amount disappears. I saw that it was up to $43,500 with about five minutes left, though. Wonder if it got up to $50,000, but in any case, the four shows they agreed to do next year will wind up raising well over $125,000(!).

It's amazing how much these shows pull in, year after year, and amazingly generous of the Tweedys to keep doing them. They are the best.

According to a friend who was watching this online auction from Canada, it went into "extended bidding" at $67,000, and ultimately sold for ... ... ... $135,000 !!!!!!!!!!

Isn't attendance capped at 30 people? At $4,500/person, my dream of attending one of these is... a dream.

holy scheisse!

bbop, the auction only looked like it was for one show. there are four?

Well, they agreed to do three shows at the Second City live event the other week. So a total of four. Crazy how much the online one went for, though! I figured it would hit the stratosphere once they opened it up online, but this even exceeds my expectations. There are some people with crazy dough out there.

Great for the organizers and the charity, though. They might end up raising more than a quarter of a million, just this year. Amazing how far it's come!

Was "Must provide crash helmet" on the list of stipulations for the event?

15-outrageous-scenes-in-martin-scorseses

Lol, Wolf Of Wall Street. I just hope that it's not some rich d-bag and/or some sort of corporate gig because either would be terrible for Jeff. At least they built in some "protection" for themselves (by requiring travel and accommodations for Jeff and two guests). Not enough, probably. B)

Ashtray, I'm with you! I'm thinking its some incredible combination of awesome Hollywood/Second City alumn actors and comedians with love for Wilco and Jeff & Sue. You know they're out there. Nick Offerman. Jon Hamm. Fred Armisen ... I think we had a thread here once upon a time about celebrity fans of Wilco. Any one of those folks might have a little extra dough for charity ;) And It's a tax write off, ya know! It really is all good.