Tedeschi Trucks Band Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some nice shots with Nels (via Relix). Listened to the show on the archive - sounded great.           

I'd like to see the Mad Dogs and Englishmen tribute concert/documentary they have coming out at some point. 

Pretty bummed about losing Tim Lefebrve on bass, but that was almost too good to be true forever.  

I didn't hear about that.  Who do they have now, and where did Tim go off to?  

I don't know where Tim went nor the name of the new bass player.  I've only seen them on web streams since Tim left, not even sure when it happened, but it was definitely before May this year.  Tim just had a sweet groove, like a Motown R&B thing (too much to compare him to James Jamerson?) but could also go deep into jazz and really anything else, always serving the song, melodic and swinging most of the time.  I thought he was so great in TTB.

I don't know where Tim went nor the name of the new bass player.  I've only seen them on web streams since Tim left, not even sure when it happened, but it was definitely before May this year.  Tim just had a sweet groove, like a Motown R&B thing (too much to compare him to James Jamerson?) but could also go deep into jazz and really anything else, always serving the song, melodic and swinging most of the time.  I thought he was so great in TTB.

I guess Tim's departure is older news than I realized.  Brandon Boone is the bassist they used earlier this year, and maybe still.   https://www.jambase.com/article/tim-lefebvre-departs-tedeschi-trucks-band

• 1 year later...