Star Wars straight through?

How great was that? Just wanted to bump the thread to say how tight "Star Wars" is sounding this time around.

Saw them in New Haven, CT this past Sunday (1/31) and I was floored. 

"Taste the Ceiling" sounded so lush. "You Satellite"'s nuances have evolved immensely.

"Cold Slope" into "King of You"... has got to be my favorite moment of the new material.

How great?! Sooooo great.

We were late to New Haven, came in on You Satellite, had to navigate to find a decent spot, and just never really caught up. 

Sooooo glad I went to Portchester last night, on a whim. Such a unique and incredible experience to hear the entire album played so enthusiastically. Felt raw, fresh and intense. I was just grinning and laughing, as I did the first time I heard the album. So blissed out with the lights and the energy and noise. It's my favorite Wilco sound/material. Yay! 

Sorry if I'm repeating myself (I've posted this elsewhere).  When I walked into the State Theater last Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. I was really looking forward to hearing SW played in full for the first time, but I didn't think I'd want to hear it in full 3 straight shows.  By the time I walked out of the State at 11:30 that night, I could not wait to hear it again and again at the two Orpheum shows. Absolutely astonishing to me all 3 times. If I was seeing another show this tour, I'd welcome another chance to hear it in full.  That's my $.02.

• 2 weeks later...

Diverting the thread a bit here but while I was watching them play Star Wars all the way through at the Orpheum in Boston a couple of weeks ago, it reminded me that I had seen two other bands play albums straight through at the Orpheum:  Lou Reed playing New York and Husker Du playing Warehouse.  

Diverting the thread a bit here but while I was watching them play Star Wars all the way through at the Orpheum in Boston a couple of weeks ago, it reminded me that I had seen two other bands play albums straight through at the Orpheum: Lou Reed playing New York and Husker Du playing Warehouse.

I was at that Lou/New York show. That was great. Somehow I missed the HD/Warehouse show. Pretty sure I saw the Allmans do Eat A Peach at their last Orpheum run, a little fuzzy on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk