Anyone down for the Olympics coming up?  Any favorite sports out there?  Think with all of Rio's trouble the games will go off without a hitch?  Or do you think the combination of Zika, toxic sludge, and steroids will bring about the zombie apocalypse?  

Usually get into it as it unravels. Personally like the timed sports- swimming, track. Less interested in the subjectively judged sports.

I have been thinking of the Olympic venue.  Seems cost issues are always present no matter who hosts the games. The leftover arenas are not always used.  Should there be a single place for future Olympics? Perhaps Athens? Every country contributes to the costs, maintenance, security etc. Every country shares in the profits. Athens gets a boost to their local economy.

Just a thought. Doubt this would ever come to pass.

love the opening ceremonies better every time- and they are celebrating the shit out of Brazilian music (12 year old rapper kills), but those hosty Brazilians might have their aviation history confused. Or not.......

The first gold medal won by the USA was for shooting.

Yeah - my wife told me that yesterday or the day before and honestly all I could do was chuckle and shake my head...

Nice swim relay last night - pretty exiting.