Jeff Tweedy to appear on At Midnight 9/15

While we're at it, can we get Jeff on Maron's WTF podcast? Maybe schedule it during their LA residency, please?

We should start a twitter campaign. Maron attended a living room show. Edit: I just sent a tweet to @marcmaron, @wtfpod and @jefftweedy. Feel free to pile on. Maybe we can make it happen.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a potential update on this...I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the taping last night and they were saying it might actually air on Wednesday 9/14 instead of Thursday 9/15 as originally scheduled. I don't know for sure, but might be worth setting the old DVR for both nights just in case. :thumbup

I'm not going to spoil it for anybody whether Jeff wins the Internet or gets the (dreaded?) red light, but suffice it to say that he held his own pretty well. There was also a change in the lineup as originally scheduled. Jen Kirkman still appeared, but instead of Reggie Watts, the third contestant was David Koechner from the Office and Anchorman films among many other things. He's a big Wilco fan — I think he mentioned that he's going to tonight's Wilco show at the Ace Hotel — and he wore a fedora-type hat in solidarity with Jeff.

Also keep an eye out for one of the short promos they cut with Jeff and host Chris Hardwick doing a little back-and-forth about playing a song (Sand Dollar!). Hardwick also gave the vinyl version of Wilco Schmilco some good screen time, though he couldn't get one of the records back into the gatefold sleeve and also poked a little fun at the vinyl format. :lol

A good time seemed to be had by all! The actual taping was like an hour, but the show itself (at least as aired) is only a half hour, so it will be interesting to see how they edit it all together. :rotfl

Just a potential update on this...I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the taping last night and they were saying it might actually air on Wednesday 9/14 instead of Thursday 9/15 as originally scheduled. I don't know for sure, but might be worth setting the old DVR for both nights just in case. :thumbup

Wow, that must have been a fun taping. Lucky you! And thanks for the news on the possible air date change.

I'm not going to spoil it for anybody whether Jeff wins the Internet or gets the (dreaded?) red light, but suffice it to say that he held his own pretty well. There was also a change in the lineup as originally scheduled. Jen Kirkman still appeared, but instead of Reggie Watts, the third contestant was David Koechner from the Office and Anchorman films among many other things. He's a big Wilco fan — I think he mentioned that he's going to tonight's Wilco show at the Ace Hotel — and he wore a fedora-type hat in solidarity with Jeff.

Also keep an eye out for one of the short promos they cut with Jeff and host Chris Hardwick doing a little back-and-forth about playing a song (Sand Dollar!). Hardwick also gave the vinyl version of Wilco Schmilco some good screen time, though he couldn't get one of the records back into the gatefold sleeve and also poked a little fun at the vinyl format. :lol

A good time seemed to be had by all! The actual taping was like an hour, but the show itself (at least as aired) is only a half hour, so it will be interesting to see how they edit it all together. :rotfl

I love him on The Goldbergs!! This should be a fun show. So envious you attending the taping.

I love @Midnight and I'm even happier that it's on at 11:30 (at least for now).

Earlier this week, Ron Funches was on the show and the question was, (in honor of it being Jeff Foxworthy's birthday) to tell us some new "you might be a redneck" jokes.

Funches responded; "if some of your ancestors lynched some of my ancestors....you might be a redneck". :D

Did one of the "comedians" really offer 'I am trying to break your fart' in one of those games. That's piss poor.

She could have gone with "I'm the Man Who Loves Aleppo" but she already used up an Aleppo joke (and a good one).

She wasn't making fun of Aleppo. She was making fun of some guy, ostensibly a candidate for President of the USA, who doesn't know what Aleppo is. (Before the skit they ran a clip of the interview in which Gary Johnson admitted he didn't know what Aleppo was).