Wilco — 6 October 2016, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Circo Voador)

The show was better than I thought! I think they were really surprised with the public so I hope they come back soon!

Unfortunately my English is not good enough to make a report!

- At the end of '' Impossible Germany '' the audience was singing the guitar part and Jeff turned to the band and said, ''We could end the show right now!''. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epfnC5o-MrI
- A guy took a poster asking to play California Stars with them and Jeff called him to the stage >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wUKGlLb6o

Setlist:

Random Name Generator

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
Art of Almost
Misunderstood
If I Ever Was a Child
Cry All Day
Someone to Lose
Via Chicago
Bull Black Nova
Impossible Germany
Hummingbird
Handshake Drugs
Pot Kettle Black
Theologians
Ashes of American Flags
Locator
Pickled Ginger
Forget the Flowers
Box Full of Letters
Heavy Metal Drummer
I'm the Man Who Loves You
We Aren't the World (Safety Girl)
The Late Greats
----------------------------------------
Jesus, Etc.
California Stars (with a fan playing guitar)
Red-Eyed and Blue
I Got You (At the End of the Century)
Outtasite (Outta Mind)
----------------------------------------
Spiders (Kidsmoke)

It looks like you got a great show. I'm glad you enjoyed it! They are an amazing band. I just saw 2 nights in a row in Seattle at the beginning of September. I've seen the band many times (going back to Summerteeth) & this time was among the best. They changed about half the set list over the 2 nights, so I was glad I went to both. I've turned my friend onto the band & she is a huge fan now. She was only able to go the first night but said it was the best show she's ever seen. I highly recommend the new Seattle Roadcase bundle. The recordings are stellar & I think the recording of the first night is one of the best live recordings I've ever heard. I'm glad to see that Wilco are getting attention in your part of the world. Good music is universal! Since you like Wilco, check out Drive-by Truckers. They are a little more straight ahead rock but have many fine songs. At the core of the band are 2 fine singer/guitarist/songwriters who have been playing together for 30 years in various bands. Below is a link to a show I attended last week. It was excellent even by the band's high standards. & the download is legal, as the band allows taping as long the tapes aren't being sold. Hope you like!

https://archive.org/details/dbt2016-09-29.dpa4061flac24

Thanks so much for posting about the show and including the video links. It is very interesting how crowds can really vary and how the crowds in different countries do different things. You could really see how much the band enjoyed that singing along to the Impossible Germany jam and to the fan who really could play guitar. Happy that folks in Rio like to film so we can see some of the South American shows as it looks like there is YouTube of every song from the show. It sounded like Jeff even said thank you before starting the first song as the crowd was so loud when the band took the stage. A Wilco starved crowd for sure! Great for them, but come back soon for more USA shows !

The show was better than I thought! I think they were really surprised with the public so I hope they come back soon!

Unfortunately my English is not good enough to make a report!

- At the end of '' Impossible Germany '' the audience was singing the guitar part and Jeff turned to the band and said, ''We could end the show right now!''. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epfnC5o-MrI

Now that was a moment.  That almost made me tear up. Brasileros bring it so hard when it comes to live music.

Side note: have you ever heard Los Hermanos? They're my favorite more recent Brazilian band.