• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would have to say that the most pleasant surprise this year (for me) is Da Bears. I truly didn't see this coming. 

I still think they'll be lucky to go anywhere in post-season, but it's been very refreshing.

I would have to say that the most pleasant surprise this year (for me) is Da Bears. I truly didn't see this coming. 

I still think they'll be lucky to go anywhere in post-season, but it's been very refreshing.

It has been fun to watch - even the loses were close and entertaining.  

I think they, if they stay healthy, will win at least a playoff game (maybe more). 

• 2 weeks later...

It has been fun to watch - even the loses were close and entertaining.  

I think they, if they stay healthy, will win at least a playoff game (maybe more). 

Dude, was last Sunday a crazy fucking game or what? Disappointed the Bears lost, but it sure as hell was entertaining stuff. Bears lost, but the Vikes lost - I can't figure them out. They're not the Iggles but still I wonder if they're going to get their shit together.

Dude, was last Sunday a crazy fucking game or what? Disappointed the Bears lost, but it sure as hell was entertaining stuff. Bears lost, but the Vikes lost - I can't figure them out. They're not the Iggles but still I wonder if they're going to get their shit together.

After following this team for 40 years, I can assure you that they are not going to get their shit together any time soon.

Yeah - my brother-in-law is pushing 60 and is die-hard Viking fan - I enjoy ribbing him, but I do feel bad at times. His garage is decked out with Viking stuff - it cracks me up every time I venture up there for a visit. 

I look forward to the Rams/Bears game - hopefully the defense rebounds a bit and Trubisky comes back strong. Wish it was a noon game, though - not a big fan of night games. 

:lol

There's something to getting so close and never finishing the deal. At least the Lions don't consistently offer glimpses of hope.

I grew up in Minnesota. My father's from Detroit, and I grew up liking his teams. So, for a very long time, I was the only Lions fan that I knew. Now with online fan forums and blogs/sites dedicated to single teams, I get to see other Lions fans in all their splendor. And let me tell you, seeing them interact amongst themselves, I don't seek other Lions fans out. Holy christ is the world of sports fandom insufferable. I enjoyed, and miss my small world of being on the lonely Lions island in Minnesota. 

Now I'm living in the Chicago burbs, and my wife's family is a Sox/Bears family, and it's nice to not have to hear some idiot Lions fan bitch about Stafford, or hiring Patricia, or whatever else is wrong with the Lions. I don't want to hear it. They suck, hard stop. 

I miss the Cutler era of the Bears, but boy are my inlaws starting to get cocky this year. "Hey! Sorry about the Lions this year!!! What happened?!?"

I grew up in Minnesota. My father's from Detroit, and I grew up liking his teams. So, for a very long time, I was the only Lions fan that I knew. Now with online fan forums and blogs/sites dedicated to single teams, I get to see other Lions fans in all their splendor. And let me tell you, seeing them interact amongst themselves, I don't seek other Lions fans out. Holy christ is the world of sports fandom insufferable. I enjoyed, and miss my small world of being on the lonely Lions island in Minnesota. 

Now I'm living in the Chicago burbs, and my wife's family is a Sox/Bears family, and it's nice to not have to hear some idiot Lions fan bitch about Stafford, or hiring Patricia, or whatever else is wrong with the Lions. I don't want to hear it. They suck, hard stop. 

I miss the Cutler era of the Bears, but boy are my inlaws starting to get cocky this year. "Hey! Sorry about the Lions this year!!! What happened?!?"

wait til the bears go out in the first round of the playoffs....

I don't think I ever heard him do a game ---- though 90% of the time I watch football, I have the volume on the TV off and have music playing. Football announcers bug me for the most part.

I watched a few minutes of the Celtics/Knicks game last night (hardly  ever watch pro basketball anymore), and was surprised to see Marv Albert still calling games. 

I could have swore I was at a 90's Dead Soldier Field show  and during space they played some Marv Albert announcing 'he shoots and scores' bits - this would have been during the 1st 3 Bull championship run (91-93)

Can't seem to verify that via google, though.