Jeff & Nels on BUILD Series

There were some real interesting non-Ode to Joy tidbits in this interview:

-Wilco (The Album) was created to address an existential crisis that the band didn't have enough "rockers." 

-Nels really enjoys the quiet songs such as "Solitaire", "When the Roses Bloom Again", and "One By One." 

-He also loves "Kicking Television" because of course he does, he makes that song.

-Jeff pushes back against setlist diversity and lesser known tracks because it is emotionally difficult for him to watch the audience go to the bathroom. 

"I do not have the fortitude to endure that every night." 

There were some real interesting non-Ode to Joy tidbits in this interview:

-Wilco (The Album) was created to address an existential crisis that the band didn't have enough "rockers." 

-Nels really enjoys the quiet songs such as "Solitaire", "When the Roses Bloom Again", and "One By One." 

-He also loves "Kicking Television" because of course he does, he makes that song.

-Jeff pushes back against setlist diversity and lesser known tracks because it is emotionally difficult for him to watch the audience go to the bathroom. 

"I do not have the fortitude to endure that every night." 

I loved those tidbits. And surprising that we got those as I was not wowed by the interviewer's questioning skills.

Bums me about the setlist push back! I long for the lessor known tracks

That's what I loved about the original Chicago residency and Winterlude, so much variety, so many deep cuts!  I was hoping that the relative lack of diversity in 2017 was an aberration, but that doesn't appear to be the case unfortunately.  Hopefully the three Mexico shows will at least be repeat-free!