Favorite bands of the last decade?

Yeah solo artist count go for it. I have the big theif album need to listen to it some more

I prefer the first two (Masterpiece, Capacity) to the ones that came out this year, but they all have their strengths.  

hands down it's Elder. No one comes close for me. 

Listening to Dead Roots Stirring now via Spotify - pretty good stuff.

Kicking around the idea of seeing the below on the 30th -- they are playing a small, great venue (Thalia Hall) - I listen to Sleep every now and then and they seem like they would put on a good show. Big fan of Josua Abrams', too - I am interested to see how the Sleep fans like Joshua. 

SLEEP

with Joshua Abrams Natural Information Society

Listening to Dead Roots Stirring now via Spotify - pretty good stuff.

Kicking around the idea of seeing the below on the 30th -- they are playing a small, great venue (Thalia Hall) - I listen to Sleep every now and then and they seem like they would put on a good show. Big fan of Josua Abrams', too - I am interested to see how the Sleep fans like Joshua. 

SLEEP

with Joshua Abrams Natural Information Society

you should go, because Sleep is unlikely to play again for a while... i am heading in for the Sunday show w/ Circuit Des Yeux opening (another inspired choice).

I guess that the artists that were introduced in the last decade - that I enjoy and listen to the most would be:

• Tame Impala
  • First Aid Kit
  • Sturgill Simpson

I'll have to check them out.

Tame Impala are great but I think they formed in 2008?? Still great pick and can’t wait for the new album

Tame Impala are great but I think they formed in 2008?? Still great pick and can’t wait for the new album

it's been diminishing returns for me w/ Parker going into full dance mode... the 1st EP and Innerspeaker were great, I thought Lonerism had some great songs, and then the bottom fell out. 

I'll have to check them out. 

this is as good a place as any to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPRNXngMZoo

it's been diminishing returns for me w/ Parker going into full dance mode... the 1st EP and Innerspeaker were great, I thought Lonerism had some great songs, and then the bottom fell out.

Currents was a slow grower for me. Now I get it. That being said I still enjoy Lonerism and innerspeaker better. Still the moment is as good as any other song they have made. Also, new person/same mistakes

I feel exactly the same.   One of the new songs seemed promising, so hopefully they'll be on an upswing, although the never-ending tease over the new album (going on SNL months ago, headlining summer festivals, slow drip of new songs) seems contrived.  

Currents was a slow grower for me. Now I get it. That being said I still enjoy Lonerism and innerspeaker better. Still the moment is as good as any other song they have made. Also, new person/same mistakes

Same for me - didn't care for it at all at first, but when I just randomized the whole collection, it fit in nicely, and then my appreciation grew. 

Not just bands, but artists, in general:

• Cate Le Bon
  • Fumaça Preta
  • Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
  • Salad Boys
  • Passo Torto
  • Klaus Johann Grobe
  • Tinariwen

Tinariwen's definitely been around longer than a decade.... i think i saw them in 2007 or so.

They go back to the '80s, but hit it pretty big as a recording band in 2004 with Amassakoul. 

Definitely one of the most interesting bands of the last decade, though not born in the last decade.