• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Chez

Chez

Hummingbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:43 AM

I love baseball (season ticket holder for 30+ years), but the three-outcome game currently being played (homerun, strikeout or walk) is not as much fun to watch.  Take the juice out of the damn ball -- it's gotten ridiculous.  That's it, gotta go yell at some clouds and kids playing on my front lawn.  :) 

#22 Boss_Tweedy

Boss_Tweedy

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

This Braves fan is very happy with the season so far. Not sure if they can get past the Dodgers, but I'd say they're ahead of schedule in terms of their rebuild. Alex Anthopoulos should be a strong contender for exec of the year. He's done a masterful job at adding pieces to the organization's young core of talent. I was the team's biggest critic in April, but I'm happy to be eating crow on an almost nightly basis these days.

#23 brownie

brownie

Grasshopper Greensnake

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

I love baseball (season ticket holder for 30+ years), but the three-outcome game currently being played (homerun, strikeout or walk) is not as much fun to watch.  Take the juice out of the damn ball -- it's gotten ridiculous.  That's it, gotta go yell at some clouds and kids playing on my front lawn.  :)

I totally agree. I have loved baseball all my life, but the game in its current state sadly just does not hold my interest.

#24 chisoxjtrain

chisoxjtrain

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

This was a great season for my White Sox. Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada, and Lucas Giolito all had breakout seasons. Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease got a season under their belts so hopefully next year they take the next step. The back end of the bullpen is pretty much as lights out as you can get. With Luis Robert and Nick Madrigal arriving next year, and Michael Kopech returning, the 2020 White Sox should be extremely fun to watch.

#25 KevinG

KevinG

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

The NL has now gotten to the point were it is tough to tell how it is going to shake out.  

I read this and man if anyone these happen it would be a crazy time in the MLB

https://www.mlb.com/...off-tiebreakers

#26 KevinG

KevinG

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:18 PM

And Rizzo exits early with an ankle injury that does not look good. The Cubs at this point are held together with gum, duct tape and the tears of Chicago faithful.

#27 The Inside of Outside

The Inside of Outside

I'm Always in Love

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:34 PM

The juiced ball is a joke. It has definitely impacted the game in a negative way. If I were a pitcher, I'd be pissed. And talking about it often to the media and to my player rep.

#28 Boss_Tweedy

Boss_Tweedy

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

And my Braves just lost Charlie Culberson and Johan Camargo for the rest of the season. They were important contributors off the bench. Bummer.

#29 Oil Can Boyd

Oil Can Boyd

Outtasite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:22 AM

Pretty cool that Yaz's grandson hit a homer at Fenway yesterday:

https://twitter.com/...357665146949632

#30 Boss_Tweedy

Boss_Tweedy

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

Pretty cool that Yaz's grandson hit a homer at Fenway yesterday:

https://twitter.com/...357665146949632

Yep. And Cavan Biggio (Craig's kid) hit for the cycle last night, making the Biggios only the second father-son duo to accomplish that feat.

#31 mountain bed

mountain bed

On & On & On

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:11 AM

Rizzo's return was the highlight of my day. Kimbrel's return was the lowlight of my day.

I felt like I lost TWO games in 10 innings. 

#32 Oil Can Boyd

Oil Can Boyd

Outtasite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

Kimbrel's return was the lowlight of my day.

I had mixed feelings about the Red Sox not re-signing Kimbrel last off-season but it looks like one of the few good decisions they made.  He was pretty shaky in the second half last year and his troubles are continuing.  

#33 Chez

Chez

Hummingbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:59 AM

I had mixed feelings about the Red Sox not re-signing Kimbrel last off-season but it looks like one of the few good decisions they made.  He was pretty shaky in the second half last year and his troubles are continuing.  

He was a heart attack in the post-season last year.  I'm surprised the Cubs gave him the deal they did (guaranteed through 2021 with an option for 2022).  Cubs have become like Boston, NYY and the Dodgers -- teams that can hand out horrible contracts without consequences.

#34 Oil Can Boyd

Oil Can Boyd

Outtasite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:40 AM

He was a heart attack in the post-season last year.  I'm surprised the Cubs gave him the deal they did (guaranteed through 2021 with an option for 2022).  

And Kimbrel seems to be going from bad to worse.  That was a rough outing yesterday.  

Red Sox officially eliminated yesterday.  Pretty miserable season for them all around - except for Devers and Bogaerts.  

#35 Boss_Tweedy

Boss_Tweedy

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:44 AM

I was upset with the Braves for not signing him, but so far it's looking like they were also smart for passing on him.

And the Braves are NL East Champs! 

70881789_10156845509857831_5392316021195

#36 calvino

calvino

On & On & On

• 5,737 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

2 pitches - jeez. Horrible, indeed!

And again just now in the 9th, they give up the lead.

Being a White Sox fan -- I was just hoping for a Chicago team in the playoffs -- not likely, now.

#37 KevinG

KevinG

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:27 AM

2 pitches - jeez. Horrible, indeed!

I was at that game. It was deeply sad.

#38 mountain bed

mountain bed

On & On & On

• 14,301 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:01 AM

A few random thoughts:

- Congrats to the Nats. You were a fun team to watch, and we're all the better for you guys doing what you did. Addendum: Zimmerman, retire. Go out on top. You're an ambassador for the game now. Don't 'chase the dragon.

-. Willson Contreras is rumored to be very available. I almost cannot believe that. 

- Is Cole the first 40 million dollar man?

#39 The Inside of Outside

The Inside of Outside

I'm Always in Love

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

A few random thoughts:

- Congrats to the Nats. You were a fun team to watch, and we're all the better for you guys doing what you did. Addendum: Zimmerman, retire. Go out on top. You're an ambassador for the game now. Don't 'chase the dragon.

-. Willson Contreras is rumored to be very available. I almost cannot believe that. 

- Is Cole the first 40 million dollar man?

The Nats were awfully fun to watch. I'd be surprised if he makes 40 million a year, though I think if someone like him would go for a 2-3 year deal instead of 7 years, 40 million might be attainable. Three years, 120 million would make much more sense to me if I were a GM than the 217 million, 7 year albatross that David Price received.

#40 Oil Can Boyd

Oil Can Boyd

Outtasite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:25 AM

This baseball cheating scandal is weird.  I get the punishment but it's interesting that it's GMs and managers who are the focus and not any players.  And it's too bad - I like Alex Cora but he had to go.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Baseball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users