Duluth 7/2/2006

Wow, I watched the BES set pretty closely and just didn't put 2 and 2 together that it was nills. Should have known better though.

Any insight on jeffs leg? I don't mean to beat it to death but it seemed to bother him a lot and no one has really mentioned it.

Wow, I watched the BES set pretty closely and just didn't put 2 and 2 together that it was nills. Should have known better though.

Any insight on jeffs leg? I don't mean to beat it to death but it seemed to bother him a lot and no one has really mentioned it.

nills?

Jeff has a stress fracture from all the running he's been doing.

Regarding Jeff's leg... I am recalling what he said in the Calgary Herald interview and onstage in Calgary and Edmonton.

Apparently he has a stress fracture in both legs, although only his left is in a brace. He said that he runs 7-8 miles a day now. In Calgary, the leg didn't seem to bother him too much, although the next night in Edmonton he sat on the stool for a little bit and didn't move around the stage as much as Calgary.

Jeff said that it was a pain-killer free recovery. You might want to check the Calgary show post as it has some more info on the leg.

He looks like a cross between Neil Young on the TTN tour (w/o the shades) and Steve McBean from Black Mountain. Obviously subtle CanCon references intended to win over audiences on the almost Trans-Canada tour. :P

I was there.

I'm not sure about Jeff rockin the homeless dude/ teen wolf look. While a good band, I can't wait for the day Jeff takes Nels, Mike, and Pat aside and says "64th notes, feedback, multiple keyboards and hitting your instruments with maracas, spatulas and pizza cutters has been done to death. Wilco needs to progress to a higher level. Jay Bennet and I have been talking and he's off the drugs, booze and he's quit the cigs; plus he's got this bitchin beard now so I think I'd like to work with him again. It's been real."

I don't usually read reviews from shows I don't go to, but this is so wrong (no offence); three days later in Milwaukee (by the way Jeff's leg seemed better last night) Nels and company was right on target and the ghost of Jay Bennett has been banished except for those riffs that he wrote that the band still needs. The last thing Jeff needs is Jay; he is gone for good. (I like the so called homeless dude look by the way, I have sported it for years...)

LouieB

(I like the so called homeless dude look by the way, I have sported it for years...)

LouieB

Me too. In fact, I'm trying to emulate it in my own appearance, much to my wife's chagrin.

:cheers

Great pics! I couldn't tell just how bushy Jeff's beard was from where I was sitting. Wow!

If you would have been up front by me, you would have had the full effect. :P