Duluth 7/2/2006

Really good show, as usual. Anyone got a setlist?

I saw at least one taper there so hopefully we'll see this one on etree in the coming days. I took a ton of pictures, I'll get them online when I get back home. EDIT: Pictures

Edited by Snagle

1. Misunderstood

2. Far Far Away

3. Handshake Drugs

4. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

5. The Good Part

6. A Shot in The Arm

7. At Least That's What You Said

8. Jesus, etc.

9. Walken

10. Theologians

11. I'm The Man Who Loves You

12. Ashes of American Flags

13. War on War

14. Hummingbird

Encore One

15. In a Future Age

16. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Encore Two

17. Airline to Heaven

18. Forget The Flowers

19. Heavy Metal Drummer

20. Kingpin

21. The Late Greats.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I thought The Late Greats ended tonight's show perfectly. A good, quick little pop song to wrap things up nicely.

Oh dear, someone needs to suggest to Tweedy that The Late Greats does not end concerts on a high note.

Hurray, more In A Future Age please!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I thought The Late Greats ended tonight's show perfectly. A good, quick little pop song to wrap things up nicely.

Yeah, it packs a good little power-pop rock 'n roll punch. I loved it tonight. :rock

The webcast was awesome!!!

Only 6 AGIB tracks, which is a pleasant change. I love AGIB, but a little variety is nice.

Walken is soooo much better than the early versions.

Every new Spiders I hear is a little bit better than the last one.

Was gonna try and take the summer off, but I'm gonna have to make the trek from Jersey to Mass. Damn you, Tweedy!!!

I thought that jeff was severly bothered by his leg. What happened to it? He looked like he was in pain and a little distracted. Of course being that he cant use pain killers.... Still a great show. I could have used more witty banter.

I was there.

I'm not sure about Jeff rockin the homeless dude/ teen wolf look. While a good band, I can't wait for the day Jeff takes Nels, Mike, and Pat aside and says "64th notes, feedback, multiple keyboards and hitting your instruments with maracas, spatulas and pizza cutters has been done to death. Wilco needs to progress to a higher level. Jay Bennet and I have been talking and he's off the drugs, booze and he's quit the cigs; plus he's got this bitchin beard now so I think I'd like to work with him again. It's been real."

I was there.

I'm not sure about Jeff rockin the homeless dude/ teen wolf look. While a good band, I can't wait for the day Jeff takes Nels, Mike, and Pat aside and says "64th notes, feedback, multiple keyboards and hitting your instruments with maracas, spatulas and pizza cutters has been done to death. Wilco needs to progress to a higher level. Jay Bennet and I have been talking and he's off the drugs, booze and he's quit the cigs; plus he's got this bitchin beard now so I think I'd like to work with him again. It's been real."

:lol

I was there.

I'd like to see that........ :thumbup

--Robert.

Really good show, as usual. Anyone got a setlist?

I saw at least one taper there so hopefully we'll see this one on etree in the coming days. I took a ton of pictures, I'll get them online when I get back home.

A Soundboard of this will be up on the roadcase section of wilcoweb within the next few days. I loved the fake out ending to Spiders and In a Future Age and Far Far Away sounded excellent over the webcast last night. Ashes and The Good Part were highlights as well.

--Mike

Late Greats is a great closer--always struck me as odd earlier in set, as in KTV.

Far, Far Away was the gem in this show for me, a real treat. Was worried it would not be available on wilcoweb so am very relieved to hear it will be posted.

Still happy from the show.

:D

I was there.

And ruin everything weve come so far to enjoy. Then maybe we can neuter/spade Lassie, shave Dakota Fannings head and kill Santa Clause. You Wilco scrooges break my heart. :yucky

And ruin everything weve come so far to enjoy. Then maybe we can neuter/spade Lassie, shave Dakota Fannings head and kill Santa Clause. You Wilco scrooges break my heart. :yucky

I'm glad you were nominated to speak for all Wilco fans, I stand corrected. I was only speaking my opinion/wishes.

I'm not sure about Jeff rockin the homeless dude/ teen wolf look. While a good band, I can't wait for the day Jeff ....

On another note, I think maybe Jeff watched Iron Maidens Live After Death DVD too many times with all of the crowd screaming-interraction on Kingpin, ala "scream for me Long Beach."

to open with misunderstood was huge for me, that's all i've wanted to hear in the over 1/2 a dozen times i've seen them, and they finally came through for me, however, i coulda used more "nothings"

I'm glad you were nominated to speak for all Wilco fans, I stand corrected. I was only speaking my opinion/wishes.

On another note, I think maybe Jeff watched Iron Maidens Live After Death DVD too many times with all of the crowd screaming-interraction on Kingpin, ala "scream for me Long Beach."

negative nancy, it was still enjoyable :)

So did anyone who was at the show happen to notice a certain elegant guitarist sitting in for the first third of the Black-Eyed Snakes' opening set? (The BES are an excellent side project of Low's Alan Sparhawk, by the way.)

Anyway, despite his attempts at going incognito with a black cabbies' cap and sunglasses, that was indeed Nels. He seemed like he had a good time.

I'm not sure if Nels was leaving anyway, but about a third of way into their set Alan seemed to be having some problems with one of his guitar cords, so Nels gave him his and left the stage at that point. Alan said, "Put your hands together for Shorty." Haha. :)

Haha, I've always wanted to call him Shorty! But it just seemed too obvious.

I can't believe this is the first I've heard Nels' participation mentioned! That was either one great disguise, or I haven't been reading thoroughly enough...

Haha, I've always wanted to call him Shorty! But it just seemed too obvious.

I can't believe this is the first I've heard Nels' participation mentioned! That was either one great disguise, or I haven't been reading thoroughly enough...

nah people missed him because they were too busy trying to figure out how many "nothings" were coming later in the show