• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

00008724_midlake.jpg

I think only Dylan's new album is likely to stop this being my favourite album this year, unless something comes along that I've never heard of, that is.

Ditto. :beer

:yucky all this love for Midlake... There's plenty better records released this year so far...

Still got the cricket on.

Pakistan all out for 119, England 1/0

Harmison (13-7-19-6) blew them away with some fabulously Ambrosian bowling, and Monty Panesar (7.4-3-21-3)bowled excellently as well
:yucky all this love for Midlake... There's plenty better records released this year so far...

Still got the cricket on.

Pakistan all out for 119, England 1/0

I'll have to watch the highlights tonight. Who got the wickets? EDIT: Oh, good for Harmison, and stop editing your posts!

And as for Midlake, well ... you're just wrong! :P

00008724_midlake.jpg

I think only Dylan's new album is likely to stop this being my favourite album this year, unless something comes along that I've never heard of, that is.

In total agreement. It's passed Fambly Cat for me and though I am looking forward to the new Dylan, Yo La Tengo and Beck discs, I don't think anything short of Lennon and Harrision rising from the dead and the Beatles reuniting is going to knock this from my top spot. Sorry Rich :blush

Midlake is now playing for me as well.

--Mike

In total agreement. It's passed Fambly Cat for me and though I am looking forward to the new Dylan, Yo La Tengo and Beck discs, I don't think anything short of Lennon and Harrision rising from the dead and the Beatles reuniting is going to knock this from my top spot. Sorry Rich :blush

Midlake is now playing for me as well.

--Mike

I got a promo of the new Yo La Tengo through last week; it's great!

Jen - glad you like Cerys, it's a perfect summery album!

If the PM's were working, I could help you out! But it is on Oink...

She sounds like an adorable child when she sings in the higher keys. She's so lovely.

I also think she's reigned it in a bit as well so it's not wailing all the time, it's just really nice and shows off her talents a lot more.