• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i have been hearing that for about a year now :hmm

yeah...

11*28*05

We have been locked away in a studio with no lines to the outside world finishing the writing of our upcoming record for the Militia Group. Tim O'Heir will be producing once again and Adam is back to play the part of drummer. We will keep you posted with some pictures and other things when we actually start recording in January. Thank you to everyone that has written us and kept the message boards alive while we have been in seclusion. It has been awhile since we last updated the 'News' section and do apologize for that. We have been hard at work with the music as well as our every day lives and hope you understand that. This record will be proof positive that we haven't been sitting back like lazy asses and enjoying our minor league stardom and actually have been attempting to write our most ambitious and triumphant record to date. Please keep the communication up with us both here and on our Myspace page, without you we never would have made it this far.

Love,

The Jealous Sound

:hmm

I would for sure. I think BBH knows more. All the songs I know I love, plus a few covered by other people.

I would definitely recommend seeing Richard Thompson if possible. Is he solo or with band? I've seen him with his band twice and he is so amazing. I've heard that his solo shows are also great. He is such a good live performer with an extensive catalog to draw from. I can do a YSI of a live show if you'd like; most recent I have is probably 2004.

I would definitely recommend seeing Richard Thompson if possible. Is he solo or with band? I've seen him with his band twice and he is so amazing. I've heard that his solo shows are also great. He is such a good live performer with an extensive catalog to draw from. I can do a YSI of a live show if you'd like; most recent I have is probably 2004.

That would be most kind of you! Cheers!

This is the most recent solo show I have. Great cover of Brittney (sp?) Spears and funny jab at Madonna. It's MP3 at 192. Hope you like it and report back if you end up being able to see him.

Richard Thompson (solo)

Rio Theater, Santa Cruz, CA

2/9/2002

Cooksferry Queen

Word Unspoken Sight Unseen

Wall Of Death

Stay

My Daddy Is A Mummy

Happy Days/Auld Lang Syne

1952 Black Lighting

Be Thankful To Your Maker

Red Rose Blooms

St. Patrick's Hands

Destiny

Story: A Thousand Years Of Music Medley

I Know A Lucky Fellow

Shenandoah

Oops I Did It Again

Outside of the Inside

The Ghost of You Walks

Turning of the Tide

Pharaoh

Fan Mail Chat/Crawl Back (Under My Stone)

Encore Break 1

Persuasion

Madonna's Chat

Madonna's Wedding/I Misunderstood

Encore Break 2

Dimming of the Day

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...6B405AB105238B8

I saw Richard Thompson a year ago and it was boring as hell. Sure, it was great for a little while but 2 and a half freakin' hours is a little long. I might add that he was playing solo with his brother on bass, so that may make a difference. I wouldn't go see him solo again.

NP:

B00003A9E2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Love this album.

I saw Richard Thompson a year ago and it was boring as hell. Sure, it was great for a little while but 2 and a half freakin' hours is a little long. I might add that he was playing solo with his brother on bass, so that may make a difference. I wouldn't go see him solo again.

wow, completely different experience on my side. I was lucky enough to see him solo in a "storytellers" type of environment at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago a few years back. He was absolutely incredible. The guy is one of the best guitarist around and he's very unique on the songwriting style/delivery. Not too many artists that I'd rather see solo again.

Sorry you didn't like him; I'm a fan boy so I can't be very objective. FYI, Danny Thompson is no relation.

This is the most recent solo show I have. Great cover of Brittney (sp?) Spears and funny jab at Madonna. It's MP3 at 192. Hope you like it and report back if you end up being able to see him.

Richard Thompson (solo)

Rio Theater, Santa Cruz, CA

2/9/2002

:cheers

Enjoyed the Richard Thompson, will have to catch him on the weekend.

Good. Hope he doesn't clash with Amadou & Mariam.

In other news - Cat Power is at the roundhouse in November. Possibly my fave of the year so far, but I'm wary of her flaky live performances, so I probably would not go.

And Sufjan Stevens is at the Barbican but already sold out.

Both may be indicative of wider tours for those who are interested.

150743m.jpg