kay-settes in august??..

excuse the ignorance, but i just spotted this:

---

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=78388260

the sonic defense

16 Aug 2006 10:00 PM

Rideau St. Ottawa, Ottawa,

Cost: Donate what you can

A benefit for the Canadian Mental Health Association. the confirmed bands: the sonic defense, the k-settes starring butcher's blind, The cost is 5$ or pay what you can. Please if you can, all proceeds will be going to the Canadian Mental Health Association. Donate what you can, thank you!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since JT is playing in Raleigh that night, we can only assume it's a tribute band stealing the Kay-settes' prodigious reputation and royalties. Or maybe there's only one authentic member (Jay?)

Actually I think it is poor taste. Can't they think of an orginal name? Pretty weak if you ask me.

By that logic, the Rolling Stones are also guilty of poor taste in naming thier band.

Actually I think it is poor taste. Can't they think of an orginal name? Pretty weak if you ask me.

it's quite possible they don't know that it was an actual name for a Wilco side project/show and just liked the name from the song?

it's quite possible they don't know that it was an actual name for a Wilco side project/show and just liked the name from the song?
that would be my guess too..since the Kaysettes were really just a one shot deal...

LouieB

No accounting for taste, I reckon.

LeRoy Bach, Jeff Tweedy and Jay Bennett did a show back in Sept. 1999, as K-Settes.

You probably want to start writing it as Leroy, the way Leroy is normally written. LeRoy Bach is pronounced differently, as well as being the name of being an up and coming rapper.

You probably want to start writing it as Leroy, the way Leroy is normally written. LeRoy Bach is pronounced differently, as well as being the name of being an up and coming rapper.

you might want to tell him that, because as far as I know, that's how he spells his name.

This is my band. I go shirtless, wear chaps, and play keytar.

You're in Electric Light Orchestra?

Edited by benjamin_kenobi