Jim O'Rourke

I know he sold a lot of his gear and moved to Japan, but does anyone know what he's up to over there?

Apparently he spoke and played at something called, "JAZZ TODAY in Komaba 2006" at The University Of Tokyo.... here's a picture from that:

jo.jpg

Last interview I read with him was right after he left Sonic Youth. He said that he wanted to slow down with music and pursue film. Maybe there will be an O'Rourke short in circulation someday soon.

Damn! That shoots down my hope of seeing him solo or even with Loose Fur.

After picking up Insignificance, Half Way To a Three Way and Bad Timing as well as both Loose Fur albums i was really starting to get attached to his work.

I have all five on vinyl and am looking for more. Can any one please tell me what other vinyl is available by Jim? Sense my live fix does not look like it will happen anytime soon i guess it's back to the turntable.

After picking up Insignificance, Half Way To a Three Way and Bad Timing as well as both Loose Fur albums i was really starting to get attached to his work.

I have all five on vinyl and am looking for more. Can any one please tell me what other vinyl is available by Jim? Sense my live fix does not look like it will happen anytime soon i guess it's back to the turntable.

you should also get eureka

You should get his work with Gastr Del Sol like albums such as Upgrade and Afterlife and Cameoflour (spelled wrong). Plus, he has produced thousands of other people that is worth checking out. He is the Brian Eno of today.

Actually saw him at a solo show in NYC earlier this summer and actually got to talk to him after the show. He said he was going to Japan to do a film project that would "take a while."

Oh my god. When and where was this? I live in New York... and I check the internet all the time for any sort of Jim solo show... but I missed this! Ah, Jim is my hero. What a travesty.

How anyone can say that they don't want O'Rourke involved in a Wilco album is way beyond me. He produced Wilco's two best records for crying out loud. (In my opinion) Granted he ruined them.....