• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

^
Sometimes this doesn't work.You gotta go to "More Reply Option" enable HTML,paste your URL code right behind the HTML code,disable HTML and see a preview before posting

Good luck

P.S. I'm using  "Tiny Pic"14n1uab.png

Acquired a few nights ago from a guitar-playing-and-tinkering buddy: a Parts-O-Caster Tele. Squier neck, stripped of finish, vintage tint applied, no lacquer, has a nice worn-in feel; vintage-style tuners; MIM standard body; vintage repro Fender bridge with brass saddles; neck humbucker is from an old Epi 335; bridge pickup is from a mid-1980s '62 reissue Tele. Sounds and plays beautiful. He's got about a half-dozen other "Frankenstein" Fenders he's been working on...

Tele 1.JPG

I built this one a few weeks ago, Allparts neck, MJT body, Mare pickups...IMG_1667_zps575d6eb4.jpg

Some of this collection is gone, and I have a few more things too, but this is still a pretty good picture of my stuff:

2013-01-08105511_zps451867cb.jpg

2013-01-08105552_zps11ab58ac.jpg

2013-01-08105610_zps53be15a4.jpg

The Yamaha FG-140 has had its neck cut off to try and repair the terrible neck angle and replace the top to repair the pickguard damage and damage from the bridge coming unglued, so its final fate is undetermined...  I sold the '59 Premier Scroll Guitar, '63 Gibson LG-0, and '64 B-25, and added the tele above, an Ampeg V4 and acoustic 2x15 bass cab, and a '72 Nippon Gakki yamaha FG-180 exactly like Elliott Smith's (Found in a pawn shop for $60! It had nylon strings on it for at least the last 20 years or so, so the neck angle is still great!!).  I think those are all the new ones, I should make another group shot!

• 1 month later...

After months of tweaking:

20140730.jpeg

When did you pick up that Sarno Earth Drive pedal?

Brad (Sarno) actually played on one tune on my last record, and mastered the whole thing. I really want one of those Earth Drives.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I built this one a few weeks ago, Allparts neck, MJT body, Mare pickups...IMG_1667_zps575d6eb4.jpg

Some of this collection is gone, and I have a few more things too, but this is still a pretty good picture of my stuff:

2013-01-08105511_zps451867cb.jpg

2013-01-08105552_zps11ab58ac.jpg

2013-01-08105610_zps53be15a4.jpg

The Yamaha FG-140 has had its neck cut off to try and repair the terrible neck angle and replace the top to repair the pickguard damage and damage from the bridge coming unglued, so its final fate is undetermined...  I sold the '59 Premier Scroll Guitar, '63 Gibson LG-0, and '64 B-25, and added the tele above, an Ampeg V4 and acoustic 2x15 bass cab, and a '72 Nippon Gakki yamaha FG-180 exactly like Elliott Smith's (Found in a pawn shop for $60! It had nylon strings on it for at least the last 20 years or so, so the neck angle is still great!!).  I think those are all the new ones, I should make another group shot!

I'm sure I'd trip and knock a few of these into the pool.   Don't invite me over.

• 5 weeks later...