• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellowstone is incredible. I have not been for 30 years, but was there for the first time in the early 60s. It is all amazing. Don't miss the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, it is spectacular too.

LouieB

I saw a bald eagle soaring over a lake at Yellowstone.

I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it

I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it

I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin'

I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin'

I saw a white ladder all covered with water

I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken

I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children

I know that the word "par" has origins that go way back before the game of golf was invented, but I still can't help feeling that calling something "sub-par" should mean it's good instead of bad.

Christine.....wow.

I KNOW!!

I have never been, but since I know someone that works there...

If all of us could self actualize like these two women...two years ago they liquidated their lives and bought a big truck and camper, left two wonderful jobs, etc, to find their dreams. My cousin is a park ranger at Yellowstone, and her long time love just this spring passed the federale law enforcement program and also works at the park. They sent me these wonderful pics. They live at the park!

valerieaudreyfalls2.jpg

THEY LIVE AT THE PARK? That's the awesomest thing ever. I've never been to Yellowstone, but when I was at Muir Woods last summer I had an overwhelming urge to build a little cabin and live there. Of course, my plan also involved kicking everyone else out.

this is exactly that....from PBS....alaska though....awesome

alone_in_the_wilderness_dvd_lg.jpg

OMG! I watched that not long ago. I wanted to be that man so bad. Ahhh.

sounds wonderful Christine.

I will rent the airstream.....and will pick you up on the way :) You bring some of that good food. :cheers

I'm packing my backpack...

And Brianne...if you hike from the top of Mt. Tam down into the Muir Valley and back out again like I did, you will see miles and miles of no people. :lol

THEY LIVE AT THE PARK? That's the awesomest thing ever. I've never been to Yellowstone, but when I was at Muir Woods last summer I had an overwhelming urge to build a little cabin and live there. Of course, my plan also involved kicking everyone else out.

Muir Woods was one of the best parts of our San Fran vacation two summers ago...way cool.

Jay Leno's Tonight Show stint has been sub-Parr.

How long did that take you? :brow

sonogram tech: ok, this won't hurt

gershon: ok

sonogram tech: it's kind of small

gershon: :huh that's a bit unprofessional isn't it?

sonogram tech: :brow I meant the lump

I'm somehow reminded of Mallrats... "I thought you said it was a good size"

When I was a kid, I really loved a book called "My Side of the Mountain" where this kid runs away from his family and lives in the wilderness by himself. I've always wanted to do that.

suplee-mallrats.jpg

Ha ha ha ha. You dumb bastard. It's not a schooner... it's a Sailboat.
I know that the word "par" has origins that go way back before the game of golf was invented, but I still can't help feeling that calling something "sub-par" should mean it's good instead of bad.

Golf is the universal language to be certain. Good point.

Of course "sub" here is used in the context of being "inferior to."

Main Entry: sub-

Function: prefix

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin, under, below, secretly, from below, near, from sub under, close to -- more at UP

1 : under : beneath : below

2 a : subordinate : secondary : next lower than or inferior to b : subordinate portion of : subdivision of c : with repetition (as of a process) so as to form, stress, or deal with subordinate parts or relations

3 : less than completely, perfectly, or normally : somewhat

4 a : almost : nearly b : falling nearly in the category of and often adjoining : bordering on