Chili Pepper blasts 'sell-outs' U2 and Black Eyed Peas

Buddy: I listened to more new music in the last 24 hours than you have in the last six months. :cheers

And even if I hadn't, it doesn't change the fact that the RHCP are washed up and mediocre radio garbage.

I Agree.

Hey Deaf Ro....I was thinking about you when I saw CSNY last week....do you believe that Neil is still going strong and still only plays the new stuff.....haha.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad Smith is the dufus of that group, and that's saying something.

that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board.

I love Frusciante, but gave up interest in RHCP after BloodSugarSexMagiklongrunonsentenceofanalbumname.

I think maybe they should relocate to Des Moines and put out "Dani Iowa" or something.

I Agree.

Hey Deaf Ro....I was thinking about you when I saw CSNY last week....do you believe that Neil is still going strong and still only plays the new stuff.....haha.

I would take Neil's shittiest record over the Peppers' finest hour for sheer originality and integrity.

And I never, ever need to hear "Under the Bridge" or "Take it Away" again. :pirate

the new album is pretty mediocre, i must admit, especially to myself a fan since Mother's Milk came out.

it's better than By The Way though, but ot say there's not a bad track out of what, 26 or whatever???? come on... that would inherently make it the best double album of all time if that was the case. imo it would have been a really solid 16 song record.

I don't know why it would inherently make it the best ever. Just because it has no bad tracks on it doesn't mean that every track is amazing or anything...I think a double album with a couple bad songs but a handful of transcendent ones would top an album with 28 good but not great songs. And there are a few on Stadium Arcadium that are pretty great but...well, I think you probably get my point.

Also, although almost all double albums suffer to some degree from lack of cohesion, this one does more than most. Every song stands very well on it's own, but as a straight-through listen, it can be pretty awkward at times. It's an album that's meant to be played on shuffle.

I would take Neil's shittiest record over the Peppers' finest hour for sheer originality and integrity.

And I never, ever need to hear "Under the Bridge" or "Take it Away" again. :pirate

"Take It Away" isn't even a song. :ninja

Its "Give it Away"...I think

I remember a song they did...Real Men Don't Eat Coyotes"...great video

If it were not for their early 90s output (which even then I found to be occasionally fun, but never mindblowing), their music of the last 5-7 years has been completely average, uninteresting, and undistinguishable from all the other crap on the radio. In a word: RHCP is easy, comfortable, inoffensive music for people with neither the means nor the inclination to find music that isn't forcefed to them by the majors and the radio stations in their pay.

indiefuck.jpg

:brow I'm kidding, sort of. While I enjoy their earlier stuff a lot more (will go so far to say that 'Mother's Milk' is one of my personal classics), i've dug their last few albums. So, by your defintion of someone who enjoys their music, i'm nothing more than a fan of 'easy, comfortable, inoffensive music with neither the means nor the inclination to find music that isn't forcefed to me by the majors and the radio stations in their pay.' My iTunes library and CD collection would state otherwise, but whatever you say Ro.

The wig comment was just a playful snap on the flogging of classical music in NP, which, BTW, my sons are getting tons of via the Baby Einstein DVDs they enjoy...therfore, they must really know their shit. Also, while we're at it, i'd respectfully suggest the quantity of music one listens to...new, old, otherwise...doesn't make someone's opinions any more relevant than mine.

All that said, you know I love you, buddy. I'm not gonna' lay down for you though. :thumbup

This is as good a place as any for me to say I've been wondering if RHCP were ever really any good, or was I just really young. I hear their new stuff and it doesn't sound all that different from (neither better nor worse than), say, "Suck My Kiss" or "Funky Crime". And I used to love those songs.

There was a time when they were one of the top bands, but that was about 15 years ago or more. Now they just write songs about California. Apparently they just put out a double album full of songs about California.

The wig comment was just a playful snap on the flogging of classical music in NP, which, BTW, my sons are getting tons of via the Baby Einstein DVDs they enjoy...therfore, they must really know their shit. Also, while we're at it, i'd respectfully suggest the quantity of music one listens to...new, old, otherwise...doesn't make someone's opinions any more relevant than mine.

You can do much better for your children than Baby Einstein. And the Red Hot Chili Peppers. :beer

You can do much better for your children than Baby Einstein. And the Red Hot Chili Peppers. :beer

Trust me...you can't do much better than Baby Einstein. It hypnotizes them. We've only delved into solo Westerberg, Bob Marley, Joe Strummer and the Beatles so far...and that one Rob Base tune, 'It Takes Two'.

Trust me...you can't do much better than Baby Einstein. It hypnotizes them. We've only delved into solo Westerberg, Bob Marley, Joe Strummer and the Beatles so far...and that one Rob Base tune, 'It Takes Two'.

I bet the twins would take to "Joy And Pain".

This may be just another example of my horrible parenting skills, but my youngest kid goes apeshit whenever he hears NOFX's "Seeing Double at the Triple Rock" or whatever that song is called. Fucking loves it.

He hasn't heard any RHCP though. What this has to do with anything, I have no idea. Carry on.

If they're learning from Joe Strummer, they must be good kids.

It's funny to call the Black Eyed Peas sell-outs because that would indicate at some point they were artistically and musically legit. Many may disagree with me, but I have always found them to be an industry product in the same vein as the Backstreet Boys and In-Sync, though not to their extremes.

Did they ever have credibility in the community of musicians? I don't know.

Maybe I'm way off.

Did they ever have credibility in the community of musicians? I don't know.

fergie-wetspot.jpg

Thats all the street cred they need.