I don't read about him much here, even with his new album coming out Tuesday, and think he is one of the better classic rockers.

Just a great catalog of songs. Night Moves, Stranger in Town and Live Bullet are just classic albums...

I was readin in rolling stone the other night that Detroit audiences are the best rock n roll audiences in the world. I thought to myself, "shiiiiiit, I knew that for ten years!!!". - Bob

You can't grow up in the D without digging at least one Seger tune, it's mandatory. I'll always take Get Out of Denver, and if the mood is right, Night Moves. I just listened to Smokin OP's the other day, so it's kinda funny to have someone ask about Bob. If you get the chance to catch a screening of "10 for 2" about the John Sinclair freedom concert in Ann Arbor in the early seventies do it. There is some great Bob footage as well as some John and Yoko and plenty of Detroit/ Ann Arbor/ Michigan artists.

As for the new album - YAAAAWWWWNNN. Stick to retirement, Bob. It suits you better.

I grew up in Detroit, and he's never done anything for me.

Me either,although he's REALLY popular around here.Live Bullet was a good party album when I was a ute..I actually saw that tour (opened for KISS),but after that zzzzz..

The local classic rock station way overplayed the Seger oeuvre for two decades. I really could go the rest of my life without hearing another note of his again.

You can't grow up in the D without digging at least one Seger tune, it's mandatory.

Shit, it's mandatory for all of Michigan ... I think there's a state law or something. Although you can get away with loving a Nugent tune or that one song by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, if Seger's not your thing.

When I hear Bob Seger on the radio it gets turned very quick, burnt out on him years ago. Where I come from John Cougar Mellencamp is our Bob Seger, you can turn on your classic radio stations and hear either one of them in an hours time. :throwup

The local classic rock station way overplayed the Seger oeuvre for two decades. I really could go the rest of my life without hearing another note of his again.
You got that right. Of all the classic rockers, Seger got the shit played out of him here in the midwest during his glory years and the decade or so afterwards. I have most of his records compliments of resale shops for a buck a piece thank you.

LouieB

i can not stand Seger. The classic rock station is on at work all the time and a Seger song appears in every half hour of music. having lived in the detroit area my whole life i have not been able to figure out the Seger phenomenon.

I think we should start a whole thread about classic rockers who should never get another second of air time.....

First on that list: Bachman Turner Overdrive.

Not far behind: Three Dog Night.

So because some dumb-shit radio station overplays Katmandu, Old Time Rock n' Roll or Emmy Lou (all very, very crappy in my opinion), we can't like a handful of truly great songs by Seger?

Ridiculous. And to think some of you find Pitchfork snobby.

And I'll add about Mellencamp....yeah, Jack and Diane and R.O.C.K. in the USA don't ever need to be played again. But I'm not embarrassed to say Scarecrow has some great songs on it.

So because some dumb-shit radio station overplays Katmandu, Old Time Rock n' Roll or Emmy Lou (all very, very crappy in my opinion), we can't like a handful of truly great songs by Seger?

Who says you can't like Seger?