NP for the week of 9.18

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hold steady.boys and girls in america - its a lousy rip but it will suffice. dont know if its better than almost killed me or seperation sunday at this point.

i definitely like it better than Seperation Sunday already... not sure about Almost Killed Me yet, too soon

i definitely like it better than Seperation Sunday already... not sure about Almost Killed Me yet, too soon

I loved Separation Sunday and thought it was considerably better than Almost Killed Me. Well, maybe not considerably, but I definitely liked it more. Anyway, it has been hard to lay off the substandard rips that have periodically surfaced.

np:

e30762fpkji.jpg

I loved Separation Sunday and thought it was considerably better than Almost Killed Me. Well, maybe not considerably, but I definitely liked it more. Anyway, it has been hard to lay off the substandard rips that have periodically surfaced.

to each his/her own i suppose

i was a pretty big Lifter Puller fan first and foremost (still am for the most part), so i was a lot more interested in their sound on Almost Killed Me. the organs on Seperation Sunday got really annoying for me. songwriting wise i'd maybe agree w/ SS over AKM, but Seperation didn't have a single song as good as Knuckles either...

That's the guy that wrote all the Wonders songs for "That Thing You Do".....am I right?

I believe he was involved in the writing, yes (along with Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne, if I recall correctly), and I think he also sang the lead vocals for the "Jimmy" character.

His own work doesn't sound much like that.