NP for the week of 9.18

I saw them once (Candy Butchers, I mean) opening for someone else....I wasn't all that impressed.

I don't know that they've ever been a proper band (it's very much Mike Viola's project), so a crappy live show wouldn't surprise me.

The first two studio albums (Falling Into Place and Play With Your Head) are fantastic.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing to me how different and innovative PiL was, especially considering John Lydon's previous band.

that's what i always found intriguing about pil... lydon's whole anti-band band philosophy thing is really interesting to me.

they're from here, but their fanbase here is fairly small (and yeah, mostly all teens/early college)

have seen them a few times over the years, not bad as far as pop punk goes really

Lyrically, they are really intelligent.

And yeah, I know they mention a couple of Twin Cities clubs in one or two of their songs.

I'm actually really shocked, but they are a lot more popular than Jack Johnson or Dave Matthews, who I figured would be gigantic here.