• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

costco, my man...you can pick up a 2 ton cannister of mayo while you are there as well.

I want that Howard the Duck sticker. there's a 4 issue HTD mini-series out right now, and it's hilarious. he's "battling" with M.O.D.O.T., the Mental Organism Designed Only for Talking. he bores his minions with long speeches, until they die.

I want that Howard the Duck sticker. there's a 4 issue HTD mini-series out right now, and it's hilarious. he's "battling" with M.O.D.O.T., the Mental Organism Designed Only for Talking. he bores his minions with long speeches, until they die.

:lol awesome. i'll have to look for that. i think i still have a copy of this somehwere:

htd23.jpg

...w/ the Man Thing in the Chewie role. Good stuff.

tully, you may have told me to check it out earlier, but what's your take on the DC New Frontier series. I was out xmas shopping last night and saw a BEAUTIFUL bound version of the entire thing at the bookstore...

297429848_e4d1c8d945_m.jpg 297430899_39a98f53d5_m.jpg

I always admired the style of his work on what I saw of that Batman Beyond series, but this really amped up my interest. A little Kirby-esque w/ a whole additional classic retro aesthetic. That said, curious if the story was any good too.

tully, you may have told me to check it out earlier, but what's your take on the DC New Frontier series. I was out xmas shopping last night and saw a BEAUTIFUL bound version of the entire thing at the bookstore...

297429848_e4d1c8d945_m.jpg 297430899_39a98f53d5_m.jpg

I always admired the style of his work on what I saw of that Batman Beyond series, but this really amped up my interest. A little Kirby-esque w/ a whole additional classic retro aesthetic. That said, curious if the story was any good too.

New Frontier is one of the best series ever, I implore yu to check it out. That Absolute edition is amazing but if you don't feel like dropping that kind of cash, you can get the story in two Volumes, for 30-40 bucks.

and since you mentioned Batman Beyond, you might want to check this out:

http://www.warnervideo.com/jlnewfrontier/

This comes out on my birthday, I can't wait!

New Frontier is one of the best series ever, I implore yu to check it out. That Absolute edition is amazing but if you don't feel like dropping that kind of cash, you can get the story in two Volumes, for 30-40 bucks.

and since you mentioned Batman Beyond, you might want to check this out:

http://www.warnervideo.com/jlnewfrontier/

This comes out on my birthday, I can't wait!

thanks. i read about that movie last night, but i had no idea...looks incredible. thanks for the heads up on both counts.

if anyone's looking for some good Sci-Fi/Superheroic graphic novels, I think this "trailer" has some great suggestions:

GL25_12.jpg

GL25_13.jpg

the Sinestro Corps storyline just wrapped yesterday, so it'll be a couple months before the collected editions are out.

i kinda like those batman & lobo books as well

(moved this overe here)

really? except for his stint in L.E.GI.ON./R.E.B.E.L.S. AND 52, Lobo's always annoyed me. Alslo, I used to love Sam Keith's art when I was a kid, but I can't stand it now.