Showcase Presents: The Haunted Tank, Vol. 1 (Paperback)

by Robert Kanigher (Author), Joe Kubert (Illustrator), Russ Heath (Illustrator)

I just bought this. I don't think I have been in a comic book store in almost 20 years.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember if anyone's mentioned it already, but have you heard about "Final Crisis". Sounds really interesting:

http://io9.com/380231/superman-batman-face...in-final-crisis

Can't find when they're going to be out in the UK, might have to import 'em.

oh yeah, Morrison is going to fuck shit up (in a good way)!

Free Comic Book Day is almost here!

this great for folks with kids, or anyone just wanting to check out some comics, to see if there's anything they'd be into.

I'm psyched for the Gyro Gearloose story.

:omg it's obvious that i'm just now really getting back into comics, as i've NEVER heard of this. that gyro gearloose does look awesome...brings me back. i love the cover to the Simpsons freebie:

FCBD08_Bongo_Comics_Free-For-All__thumb.jpg

:lol

• 4 weeks later...
that got high marks in the latest wizard magazine.

it's worth checking out. IMO, the author, James Robinson, can do no wrong. He laid down some great arcs during Starman's run (there was a total of 81 issues, a Shade mini-series, and a couple of one-shot specials).

it's worth checking out. IMO, the author, James Robinson, can do no wrong. He laid down some great arcs during Starman's run (there was a total of 81 issues, a Shade mini-series, and a couple of one-shot specials).

i like how the guy in the middle looks like the evil race car driver w/ the wrench from the ah-ha video...

Fig11-09_ah_ha_roto_01.jpg

i'll check it out. i'm going over lunch to pick up the first issue of Marvel: 1985...

1985.jpg

i like how the guy in the middle looks like the evil race car driver w/ the wrench from the ah-ha video...

Fig11-09_ah_ha_roto_01.jpg

i'll check it out. i'm going over lunch to pick up the first issue of Marvel: 1985...

1985.jpg

you should grab Guardians of the Galaxy too.

0220_guardiansgalaxy.jpg

you can't wrong with Adam Warlock and Rocket Raccon.

:blink you just blew my mind. really?! i loved that fucking comic.

yeah, they brought him back last year, for Starlord, and that lead into Annihilation: Conquest, now they're getting an ongoing team book.

A new team has formed in the aftermath of Annihilation: Conquest, and consists of Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Phyla-Vell (the new Quasar), Rocket Raccoon, Groot and Star-Lord.

it's bad-assery all around.

fucking a. i'll check that as well. damn you, tully...w/ comics being more than a dollar, i don't have the funds to get wrapped up in 47 different series.

it really sucks. I'd be more than happy if they went back to printing them on newsprint, if it meant the cost would go down.

no shit...and you can't bootleg them w/ silly putty!

no kidding!

speaking of bootlegging, there're tons of comics out there that people have scanned and uploaded to the internet. just saying.

General thoughts on Grant Morrison?

great idea man, solid writer, but not everything he does works (see his run on Uncanny X-men) lately though, he's been on fire with 52, Batman, and I'm really looking forward to Final Crisis.

I like him, arkham asylum is on e of my all time favs . . .

I re-read that recently, it's such a great story.

his run on JLA was just plain awesome, and one of the things that got me back into comics.

have you read We3?