Now Playing. 25th September 2006

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

e2754c8a-61a1-4e5f-bc0e-c04243e0ba9d.jpg

I really like this. I have not been into Sonic Youth in a while, but this one totally does it for me.

it is really good, but if you haven't heard their last two, Sonic Nurse or Murray Street, do so, because they both are just a bit better.

all 3 are wicked tho

I've taken your advice before and not been dissapointed, so I will check 'em out.

i'd say this new one flows better and is a more well rounded record, but it lacks a total killer center piece song like the last two had (Empty Page on Murray and Unmade Bed on Nurse). Turquoise Boy, Incinerate and Rapture are prolly the closest.

^^ i really disliked their record from this year save for a few songs (my fave and the only one of theirs i love all the way through is the first one), but it's not bad.

their Subterranean cover isn't that great tho

I don't think I've talked to anyone that likes A Hundred Miles Off all that much (relative to the other albums).

B00069W4J0.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The longer I go between listens of this album, the more I realize just how great it is. I think it might make it into my top 20 albums of all time, and thats not hyperbole or lack of sleep talking.

what is this album?

Voxtrot - random songs

Either put out a full length with all new and wonderful songs or I will find your address and pay a visit.

From their website:

It's going to be a while before the world sees a Voxtrot long-player, so we've recorded a little something to hold you over. A US-only 7-inch/CDEP called Your Biggest Fan will be released on November 7th. We'll be giving you a chance to pick it up earlier from us at one of our upcoming shows from October 28th in Austin TX, on. Tracks are: "Your Biggest Fan", "Trouble" and "Sway".

I am dying for a full length too but will take anything right now.