Did anyone else here get the latest Pernice Brothers release? I pre-ordered mine and it arrived yesterday along with the bonus disc of demo type material. So far I like the extra disc better than the main album, even though I like th main disc quite a bit.

I was part of that other discussion :P ... I really love this new one, much more than the last couple. I felt the production had gotten out of hand, to the point where it had driven the best elements of the Pernice Brothers -- Joe Pernice's vocals and songwriting -- into the background. Maybe someone agrees with me, because this record returns those elements to the foreground where they belong. Plus, it's a great set of Pernice tunes. I haven't been able to pick out favorites yet -- but there don't seem to be any duds.

:lol Actually, I haven't listened to the bonus disc yet, but now I'll have to do that!

• 2 years later...
just heard the pernice brothers on a sherwin-williams commercial

awesome

Yup ... "Weakest Shade of Blue." That commercial's been getting a fair amount of play over the past few weeks. There's been a small trickle of discussion about this on the PBs board (which is otherwise largely dormant at the moment).

There is a new Pernice Brothers (or perhaps just Joe Pernice) album on the way, incidentally, hopefully to be released sometime this year.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up tickets to go see Joe Pernice on Wednesday night.

He is doing a solo tour where he both plays songs from his new album (which comes out tomorrow) and reads from his novel (which comes out Thursday).

i'll be @ the 2nd show, unless i find some cheap ticket for mccartney after i'm done shooting the 1st two songs.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

If anyone wants to stock up on Pernice Brothers discs, they're awfully cheap right now in the Ashmont store.

Wow, that is some good deals. I have about half of their stuff in retail, half in downloaded form. I guess it's time to replace those downloads :).

• 4 years later...