Huntsville roll call

Less than a week away. I am hoping to hear some new tunes and such. It is good that the boys are coming back to Alabama their first time back since grammy night in Birmingham. Who all is making it to the VBC?

Less than a week away. I am hoping to hear some new tunes and such. It is good that the boys are coming back to Alabama their first time back since grammy night in Birmingham. Who all is making it to the VBC?

ME...ME...ME... All the way from jawga... :dancing :rock :cheers

I will have my crew there...front row center. Sec. A

Its almost sold out...it probably will by showtime.

So happy Wilco is playing my hometown. I live like 5 minutes from VBC. We are walking to the show..so killer.

I will have my crew there...front row center. Sec. A

Its almost sold out...it probably will by showtime.

So happy Wilco is playing my hometown. I live like 5 minutes from VBC. We are walking to the show..so killer.

Actually, its not almost sold out. It's about half way there. Many great seats left.

Where is everybody?

really...I checked ticketmaster and it was pulling up section Y :blink

That's row Y of the main level. There's plenty of seats left in the balcony. Not a bad seat in the house, very nice room. Wilco will sound awesome.

COME TO HUNTSVILLE! :dancing

I've got two extra tickets for tonight's show in Huntsville. I'll check later to see if I have takers.

Nice room? Van Braun is more like a giant double-wide (my own opinion), especially when compared to the Alabama Theater in Birmingham.

Holy crap, what a show. Opened with an unreal performance of Poor Places, and it just got better after that. I was in row H, center, and the sound made my shirt shake. Unfortunately, John's bass didn't cut through as well as I would've liked; on Handshake Drugs, I heard him in the intro and after that he was practically silent... That club bass was half my reason for coming! Nels and Glenn were in top form, as usual, and I think they performed the new song everyone's been talking about. Also, the bootlegger sat just a few seats down the row from me, anyone know when the show will become available? I should've just asked him when I walked out... It's a must hear. I just wish they would've played Is That The Thanks I Get... I really wanted my dad to hear it, but nevertheless, he seemed to love Via Chicago (specifically Glenn's fills) and I'm Always In Love. He's not a fan, but then again, he had never heard them.

P.S. What did you guys think of Pat tonight? I know he's dramatic usually, but was he not hilarious tonight?

Edited by groselicain

Great show in Huntsville last night! I retract my previous comment about the Van Braun Concert Hall (" a glorified double wide ..."). I had only been to shows in the ARENA. The Concert Hall was nicer than I expected (though still a litle dated - there are no bad seats). Two freebies to a disbeliever on the front lawn (traffic out of Birmingham didn't leave much time for hawking spare tix).

Overall, the set list didn't vary too much from last year's show at the Alabama Theater. Great set, but I would've loved hearing "Jar (with a heavy lid)" or even "Candy Floss".

This was only my second Wilco show, but I've been a fan since the Uncle Tupelo days. Great amalgam of folk meets Pink Floyd meets Neil Young meets John Cage. All percieved train wrecks were by design and on cue. Jeff, put that electric guitar down before you hurt somebody.

Great show in Huntsville last night! I retract my previous comment about the Van Braun Concert Hall (" a glorified double wide ..."). I had only been to shows in the ARENA. The Concert Hall was nicer than I expected (though still a litle dated - there are no bad seats). Two freebies to a disbeliever on the front lawn (traffic out of Birmingham didn't leave much time for hawking spare tix).

Overall, the set list didn't vary too much from last year's show at the Alabama Theater. Great set, but I would've loved hearing "Jar (with a heavy lid)" or even "Candy Floss".

This was only my second Wilco show, but I've been a fan since the Uncle Tupelo days. Great amalgam of folk meets Pink Floyd meets Neil Young meets John Cage. All percieved train wrecks were by design and on cue. Jeff, put that electric guitar down before you hurt somebody.

Oh, wow... I read this post and chuckled at your kindness, as I had extra tickets but opted to take friends instead of my dad, and then tonight, at dinner, my dad said something about getting free tickets to the show last night! I put two and two together and realized it was you-- small world, huh?